Every responsible cat owner wants to deliver the best care possible for their pet. Keeping them healthy and parasite free is one of the most important aspects of this.
Being a cat owner, I know how hard it is to keep a pet cat living indoors, parasite free without any worry for your own health. That’s one of the reason why I want to share with you some of the best cat dewormers for any cat owner with the aim of keeping your feline friend happy and in the best of health.
|Drontal Broad Spectrum Dewormer||Best Overall|
|Hartz UltraGuard Rid Worm Liquid||Budget Pick|
|Vectra Green||Upgrade Pick|
1. Drontal Broad Spectrum Dewormer
- The tablet form makes it very easy to administer to your cat
- It treats 3 types of intestinal parasites affecting cats
- It is not a fast-acting treatment. You should be prepared for your cat being ill for a couple of days afterward
- It may cause vomiting or drooling (head shaking)
This product is made for cats and kittens over 6 weeks old.
After administering it to your cat, you should expect to see parasite effects in as little as a couple of weeks or as long as one month.
The product works by causing worms in your cat to come out of its anus. It can take anywhere between a few hours and a day for worms to start coming out. Some of these worms move around and get around to going back inside your cat. To kill these worms you should feed your cat 3 times a day for several days after taking this medication.
2. Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Probiotics Cat Supplement
- This works very well
- This is a great supplement for optimal health
- This will keep your cat's GI tract in tip-top shape
Sale 121 Reviews Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Probiotics Cat Supplement for Cats Under 15 LBS, 30 Count (Packaging May Vary) Helps Keep Your Cat's Stomach Healthy ★ Helps improve digestion and supports your cat's intestinal health.
★For cats 10 months or older with weight under 15 lbs.
3. Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer
- Easy To Administer
These tablets are great for strong, healthy, fast-growing kittens that weigh more than two pounds. It’s one of the more inexpensive options you’re going to find. Most of the cats seem to really enjoy the flavor of this particular wormer.
The ingredients are pretty standard, and you will find that this particular medication is stronger than others. The dosage is twice as strong, so that’s something to keep in mind before administering to your little companion.
4. Pyrantel Pamoate Suspension 50 Mg 16 Oz Bottle by Generic
- Performs well against its competition
- Reasonably priced
Pyrantel Pamoate Suspension 50 Mg 16 Oz Bottle is a great product from Generic that works best for its price.
The Pyrantel Pamoate Suspension 50 Mg 16 Oz Bottle by Generic is another effective, yet, safe option to consider if your cat needs a deworming. It’s a well-known dewormer, and according to the clinical studies, it performs significantly better that most of the dewormers on the market today.
Plus, it’s relatively cheaper than the competition, which makes it an even better deal. It’s safe even if your cat is already sick or pregnant, and it will not bother your cat as most other dewormers would.
5. Vectra for Cats & Kittens Under 9 Lbs 3 Dose by Unknown
- Roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms
- Safe and effective for use on kittens 9 weeks and up to 3 lbs in body weight
- Lasting protection for as long as three months
- Can’t be used on pregnant or lactating cats or kittens.
- Can’t be used on cats or kittens weighing over 3 lbs
- May be a bit strong for certain cats, causing them to lose their appetite.
This is a prescription medication. It contains praziquantel, febantel, and pyrantel.
This dewormer has three main functions: it kills adult fleas, it eliminates intestinal worms, and it stops their reproduction. You should begin to see results within a week.
It is effective at killing tapeworms in both dogs and cats. You will not only protect your pet from the troubles that these worms can cause, you will also stop them from being passed on to you or your children.
6. Durvet WormEze Liquid Canine & Feline Antihelmintic
- I’ve never seen a better deal for dog dewormer than this!
- It’s safe for dogs, cats, puppies and kittens 8 weeks of age and older
- Worm Eze contains no drugs so it won’t harm your pet in any way
- This dog dewormer also won’t cause any upset stomach unlike other conventional dewormers
- The liquid formula doesn’t work well in all cases since it can’t be administered in pill form
- This product has a light chemical smell. However it’s safe and not harmful for dogs and cats
- People with severe food allergies need to be cautious while using this product
7. Chlorhexidine Wipes
- This is a great way to prevent more cats from getting these diseases
- The product has been updated and improved lately
- The product can be purchased at a reasonable price
- You have an online support from other cat owners
- You will get discounts if you purchase this product
- If you are a first time pet owner, this product can help you get
- It is not recommended to apply this product if you are pregnant
- You can only purchase this product online
- You may get a bit high from the smell of the product when you apply it on your cat's neck or skin
- You may find it a little bit difficult to apply this product on your cat's back
This is a great product for cat owners. However, it is not meant for first time cat owners.
As it can be quite difficult to apply this product on your cat's back or body, first time cat owners would most likely have trouble doing this.
8. Vectra Green
- Can Be Used On All Cats
- Effective Against Heartworm
For long-lasting, incredibly effective protection, choose Vectra. This single-dose, monthly chewable tablet provides continuous protection against fleas, ticks, and ear mites for as long as 12 weeks, making it perfect for year-round protection and prevention.
It also works against heartworm, and it’s right for all cat sizes (8 weeks and up). Pet parents who love that Vectra leaves no oily, greasy tail residue will appreciate that it’s also water resistant, ensuring protection goes on even if your cat swims or is caught out in the rain.
A convenient, easy-to-administer tablet, Revolution offers a 5-year prophylaxis against fleas and ticks. It’s effective against more than 100 prevalent parasites and is labeled for cats and kittens 8 weeks and older.
9. PEAK Marketing Pet Wormer Gel
- This is a liquid option which may be preferred by some cats
- This product will kill both tapeworms and roundworms
- It can treat as many as 60 dogs or cats
- The size is convenient
- It only treats roundworms and tapeworms, some other worms may be missed
- Some dogs may vomit after being treated with this product
This gel is a great option for cats and dogs and is easy to apply, your veterinarian may recommend it.
At a 4 ounce size, it provides treatment for an adult dog or cat and will also treat 2 kittens or puppies. This is one of the best treatments for tapeworms and is also safe to be used in pregnant and nursing cats and dogs.
Thank you again for downloading this book!
10. Excel Liquid Roundworm De-Wormer
- Effectively treats roundworms in cats
- Quick, simple and effective
- Some cats experience sickness the following day
- Has to be given with food to ensure it is not vomited back up
- Some reviewers say that it is very hard to get into this tube if the cat licks off the paste around the tube
This cat dewormer is very fast acting. It is given once per month and is a big improvement over the tablet form.
The liquid dewormer only needs to be given with the food and it helps cats that dislike taking tablets.
The liquid can also be difficult to get into the tube as it is a thick gel. However, it is safer than the liquid form, which can spill and prove a hazard if ingested.
11. Hartz UltraGuard Rid Worm Liquid
- Provides Roundworm, Hookworm, Tapeworm, and Whipworm protection
- Just 1 teaspoon applied inside the ear of your cat every 30 Days
- Is easy to use and doesn’t require a syringe
- Shorter duration of action than comparable products
- No one kills deworms like Hartz
- Hartz UltraGuard Rid Worm Liquid for Cats is a single dose oral liquid de-wormer that provides protection for multiple parasites from one easy application.
12. Wholistic Pet Organics Diatomaceous Earth Supplement
- 100% natural
- Has no additives or chemicals
- Easy to mix into food or treats
- Lasts much longer than other dewormers
- Effective against common worms, but will not kill tapeworms
- Can, in some rare cases, harm the pet
Diatomaceous earth is completely safe for humans, animals, and the environment. It is a non-toxic, non-carcinogenic
Grain that is made up of the fossilized remains of aquatic organisms and diatoms. This product is also
Non-GMO, organic, certified gluten-free and vegan.
13. Parasite Support AP-MAG 60 Capsules
- Great for both cats and dogs
- Relatively inexpensive
A study published in the journal Toxicology and Industrial Health examined three dewormer treatments sold on the market for pets: Levamisole HCl, Praziquantel and Pyrantel Embonate. The results were surprising to say the least.
The analysis found that Levamisole HCl was associated with a significant increase in the onset of cancer, especially when administered to animals for a period greater than one year. The sample size for this particular study was small, but the results are concerning.
Praziquantel appeared to have no effect on cancer development and Pyrantel Embonate (although possibly carcinogenic in the future) only appeared to have minimal risk at the dosage studied. The results only hinted at a possible association of Levamisole Hcl with cancer formation.
14. PETARMOR 12 Count Worm-Away Caps Cats
- Safe for use on kittens and adults
- Only needs to be administered once a year
- By the end of 3 treatments, your cats will be worm free
- Must follow instructions carefully
- Not ideal for large cat breeds.
Almost all cat owners have dealt with the problem of a cat with worms at one point or another.
But you don’t have to worry about this anymore. Worm-Away is on the market to handle the problem and it can literally change your lives. It can be a difficult problem to solve, but this product makes it much less stressful for all the involved parties.
The product was designed for use in the month of April, which is the time when kitten worms are more likely to come out. If you are a kitten owner, keeping things on the right track can be a struggle. This is a severe problem that requires your attention, so hiring a professional is a good way to go, but if you want to take care of it yourself, you’re probably going to want the best cat dewormer on the market.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best cat wormer on the market?
For most, you'll want a dewormer that can deal with two or all three major worms – roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms. Fortunately, the vast majority of dewormers available today deal with all three enemies of your pet.
However, a few things should be noted:
The best prevention is a combination of dewormer along with a healthy diet. Worms can only thrive in a body that is nutritionally deficient; changing your cat's diet may eliminate the need for deworming all together.
Deworming, like vaccinations, is not something that is absolutely required every single year. The best deworming schedule will depend on several factors: location, climate (no dewormer between October and April), and diet. However, a dewormer schedule of every 6-12 months is typically sufficient.
Can I deworm my cat myself?
It is very important to use medications as prescribed by your veterinarian. Even if a dewormer product comes labeled for both dogs and cats, you should always talk with your veterinarian first. Your cat's body weight, the type of dewormer you want to buy, the cat's age, and the cat's current health condition, are just some of the situations in which your veterinarian might have some specific instructions.
While it may seem desirable to deworm your cat at home and save a little money, it's probably better to have a veterinarian do it. They will usually do a health check in addition to treating your pet with the dewormer, which is a bonus you won't get if you give your cat dewormer at home. And because some dewormers (like Ivermectin) can be toxic to some cats, it's a good idea to have a veterinarian administer it.
How long does it take for Cat dewormer to work?
A few worm formulas that you leave out for your cat to sniff and consume. These are all once-a-month treatments, and they begin killing off roundworms within three to seven days. However, within three weeks to a month or so, all all worms will disappear.
It’s important to note that some treatments are not for regular deworming; they are for the treatment of tapeworms. If your cat has tapeworms, then you’ll need to look for a different formulation.
How often should you deworm your cat?
The frequency depends on how much risk your cat faces. Kittens and outdoor cats face greater risk of infection, and they should be dewormed every four to six weeks. Indoor cats may not need to be dewormed very often (every three months).
We prefer monthly deworming to avoid the chance of developing resistant parasites or reinfestation. If your cat is infested, be sure to treat the whole family. Often times, kittens contract worms from their mother.
The best dewormers for cats help your Precious Kitty look and feel better. Deworming helps your kitty gain more weight, feel more energetic, and gives them a better quality-of-life (although we know cat owners prefer quality over quantity!).
|Drontal Broad Spectrum Dewormer||Best Overall|
|Hartz UltraGuard Rid Worm Liquid||Budget Pick|
|Vectra Green||Upgrade Pick|