It’s impossible to navigate the internet or go out and shop for litter boxes without bumping into some sort of litter box mat liner.
Some cat owners hate them, others swear by them and for whatever reason, they seem to be in every pet store. That said, how can you know which ones to choose?
Are they really worth the money?
Are they just a gimmick-product that is a waste of time and money for your cat?
Are they just massively overpriced?
In my opinion, they are worth it for some cats, but not for all. Not for all cat litter mats, at least.
Don’t worry, I’ve done all the hard work for you and uncovered the best ones on the market. In this article, I detail the most popular types of litter mat, the best types of litter mats, the best brands and what the best litter mat liners can do for your cat’s (and your) life.
If you’re at the end of your tether with buying 28 different brands of cat litter mat liners, then this article will help you move forward.
|Alfapet litter box liners Disposable||Best Overall|
|Van Ness Extra Giant Sifting Cat Pan Liners||Budget Pick|
|Fresh Step Drawstring Cat Litter Box Liners||Upgrade Pick|
1. Alfapet litter box liners Disposable
- Easy to replace and clean
- Won’t blow out of litter box
- Keeps litter in box
- Firm and durable
- More expensive than old fashioned disposable liners
- Size of litter box is an important factor in determining this product’s usefulness (e.g. kitten versus cat)
- It isn’t paper so technically doesn’t qualify as a disposable litter box liner
This is one of the best litter box liners I’ve ever come across! It is so sturdy and holds litter inside the box without a problem.
Elastic feels good when cats dig in and out of litter. It doesn’t hit the cat in the face (like plastic ones do) when they jump out of it.
I read a lot of reviews from people who complained that they ended up having to buy two, which means that you’re not getting the best value with this product.
2. JONNY CAT Heavy Duty Litter Box Liners
- This liner is very large in size to be able to fit any litter box
- It is waterproof so it can hold urine without leaking through
- It is tear resistant so that your cat will not easily rip up the material
- It has holes so that the cat litter odor can escape
- This litter box is very easy to use and to clean
- It is made from top quality materials for long lasting durability
- It is available in non-toxic, eco friendly, and recycled materials
- This is a very good value for the price
Smaller cat litters will stick to the liner a lot but that is not a negative thing, just a good sign that it will do its job to trap the cat litter odor.
The JONNY LITTER is designed with a unique material to make it more effective than other liners. This cat litter box liner is made with a material similar to the ones used on a kite. The material is natural and it is very elastic so it will never rip or tear no matter what your cat is doing.
3. So Phresh Elastic Cat Litter Pan Liners
- 100% Money Back
- Keeps Litter Tracking To A Minimum
This product is made from a stretchable material. The product is said to be resistant to tearing and impact. All this mixed with the odor resistent quality that it offers is specially designed to reduce and keep litter tracking to a minimum.
The product has been designed for all types of cats so you can confidently buy this product to keep your kitty in the best of health conditions at all times of the day.
The elastic stretch feature is what makes the product stand out from the rest. It allows for a proper fitting in any litter pan size without leaving any fitting issues behind for anyone.
4. Pettiny 20 Cat Litter Box Liners
- Made from soft and strong fabric
- Available in a pack of 10
- Features a drawstring bag to tie and close
Cat Toilet Seat, 60 X 46 cm, Pack of 10.
While some cat litter box brands do little to meet the needs of cats, others provide the right degrees of safety, convenience, and hygiene. What’s important is that they do that with the foods your kitty likes, thereby creating a pleasant environment for her to use.
While thinking of getting a new litter box for your cat or kitten, the first thing you would like to consider is its sanitation. An unhygienic cat litter box can cause a number of health issues like urinary tract infections, clumped and stuck litter, and bad odor.
5. Cat Litter Box Liners 30 Count Drawstring Cat Waste Liners
- Great price
- Very good thickness
These liners can last much longer than you’d expect. They can hold up to 1 pound of waste with no problem, which can save you a lot of time.
They are very sturdy and absorbent, and come at a great price.
6. Alfapet Kitty Cat Pan Disposable
- An Economical Option
- Reasonably Absorbent
- Easy to Use
- Reasonably durable
- Reviewers warn that they’re not sturdy enough for cats that dig, jump, or spray their litter
- Available in just one size
These liners are great. You can dispose of the liner and the whole scoop of clumps with it. It is also much easier to clean the litter box if anything is stuck to the liner (as compared to the cat litter box itself). The liner itself is easy to place in the box and has a slight texture on it to help grip the litter and clumps.
You can also scrunch the liner a bit to fit a larger sized litter box. For less mess, you can place the liner in a plastic bag to catch spills as well.
7. Hyper Cat Jumbo Size Cat Litter Box Liners Drawstring 10 Counts
- So easy to slide into the cat litter box; even when the box is full
- These heavy duty cat litter box liners are perfect for a big time guzzler
- Works well as a privacy curtain for indoor litter boxes
- Wax coated on both sides
- The drawstring closure makes it easy to take out the trash
- Provides a contamination barrier between your cat and the litter box
- Very pricy
- Not good as an outdoor liner
These jumbo sized cat litter box liners are exactly what you need to organize and protect your cat litter boxes.
They are constructed of thick, crystal clear plastic that is durable, waterproof and resists tears. When used in litter boxes, it will also keep the litter inside the box, making cleaning up fast and easy. Just lift the bag and toss into the trash.
The liner is also large enough to be used as a privacy curtain for indoor litter boxes. Use it as a divider so that your cat will no longer feel like he’s being watched.
8. Fresh Kitty Super Thick
- Available in scented or unscented
- Comes as a 15 count box
- These liners are extra thick and durable
- They have good size handles on the side
These liners are easy to clean with your hands. When you are ready to throw them away, you can tear them open so they do not get stuck in a garbage can.
They are loaded with a lot of benefits, including the fact that they are unscented. You can use these liners for both a liner and a litter box.
The box has a handle and it even comes with a snap button to keep the opening closed when not in use. The Fresh Kitty Super Thick, Durable, Easy Clean Up Jumbo Drawstring Scented Litter Pan Box Liners, Bags for Pet Cats, 15 ct) are definitely the best cat litter box liners available on the market.
9. KONE Cat Litter Box Liners
- Water Resistant
- Easy To Clean
- Great For Multiple Cats
- Includes Pick Up Tool
Biodegradable, Reusable Litter Bags & Cat Pans.
The KONE is an excellent choice for those who want to maintain a clean home. A biodegradable pick-up tool is included, which helps to keep your floors clean due to the design of the liner itself. The liners will hold up to five times their own weight in liquid and solids, providing you with the utmost in protection.
Since you can reuse these liners for up to a year, it can save you a lot of money in the long run, and help to keep you from having to buy new liners every few days. Since you know that they will last for quite some time, you are not worried about placing your cats litter pan inside of one of them.
10. Benbenpet Cat Litter Liners Large,10 Count Per Pack Jumbo Drawstring Extra Durable heavy duty litter box liners， Extra-Thick Kitty Litter Box Bag，compostable litter box liner 36inX19in
Jumbo drawstring bag for all types of litter boxes, up to 2-3 cats. Keeps the litter box fresh and clean.
Jumbo XL 19 in by 36 in. Drawstring Closure To Avoid Tracking. ENVIRONMENT SAFE:ï¼100% compostableï¼Non-toxicï¼biodegradableï¼Natural fibers such as cornstarch and coir.
TRUSTED BRAND:ï¼Large litter box linerï¼washer safe and dryer safe. No more litter bags. See rare reviews about this on amazon. This litter box liner is best for No Mess litter box maintenance and keeping paws paws one litter box.
11. PETOCAT Litter Box Liners
- Less cleanup
- Keeps the litter fresh
- Machine washable and reusable
- Cleaning litter from a liner is an extra step
- If you want to move it around you have to put on new liner
If you are looking for a liner to protect your cat litter box, then you will be interested in this offer.
This large litter liner is suitable for all regular-sized or jumbo litter boxes. It is made of a polyester material and is coated with a non-stick finish to prevent accidents and spills. You can wash this litter box liner in the washing machine and reuse it again and again.
Its drawstring makes it easy to carry the liner around.
12. PET N PET Cat Litter Box Liners,Drawstring Litter Liner Bags
The Pet N Pet disposable bags will keep pet odors inside of the litter box and will help to keep the surface of furniture clean. These disposable bags can be used for cats of all ages and can be flushed after use. The lid can be tucked in and clipped at the bottom of the bag to keep your home smelling fresh and to help prevent litter from spilling out of the bag.
These bags can also be used as liners for litter box trays that are not entirely full of litter. The bags will keep your cat box and furniture clean.
13. Fresh Step Drawstring Cat Litter Box Liners
- Available in different sizes
- Great at containing odors
- Tall and slotted to allow liquid to flow through
- They can tear very easily
- The drawstring needs to be placed into the hole before you pull the liner down
Before their boxes get cold and dirty, cats need to be able to enter and leave their boxes with ease. The Fresh Step Drawstring Cat Litter Box Liner makes it easy for both of your cat’s feet to enter the litter box without getting stuck in the litter or stepping on any.
The Fresh Step Drawstring Cat Litter Box Liner comes in different sizes to fit all litter boxes. This liner can keep your cat’s litter fresh, and it also helps to minimize mess outside the litter box. The slotted bottom and drawstring bottom of the liner allow liquid to flow through.
It is quite possible for your cat to tear the liner if they claw the liner as they try to exit the box, but the liners are easy to replace.
14. Nature's Miracle Odor Control Jumbo Litter Box Liners
- Great for big cats
Giving your cat a box liner can help to keep your litter box cleaner and remove some of the smells that are common with pet ownership.
This particular product is created by the trusted brand Nature's Miracle. It will fit the litter box that is already at home. Finding a new box can be pointless, because there are many products available that would have exactly the same dimensions. It is made of a water-resistant material, reducing the amount of smells that escape the box.
Place it over the litter box lid for a small extra reduction in smells since the lid is an area that can get messy with the spontaneous "spray" liquids that cats sometimes produce.
15. Van Ness Large Drawstring Valu-Pak Cat Pan Liners
16. Liners Compatible
- These liners are durable and absorbent
- Great for auto-cleaning litter boxes
- Some mice could miss the bio-bag and become trapped inside the bag
- You must replace the bags when they become too full
17. Pet Pride Jumbo Elastic Litter Box Liners
- Easy to use – Large
- Plenty of room for a single large cat
This is a bag designed to fit a regular size single cat litter tray.
It’s flexible, soft, and durable to allow you to easily remove litter from the bag. Being able to wash the bags on a regular basis will be more hygienic and helps to eliminate the unpleasant odor that can be left from your box in the long-term.
It is also important that the bags do not have any tiny holes or gaps inside them as these will allow the litter to escape through and create a mess. These bags are the perfect size and won’t let even the smallest of litter escape.
18. Van Ness Extra Giant Sifting Cat Pan Liners
- You can get one with an odor that your feline will be crazy about
- The high quality plastic is easy to clean
- Easy tossing of the bag
- Cat litter box liners help keep the area cleaner and fresher
- It is pricey
- It doesn’t fit all boxes
- In some extreme situations, claws or litter could go through the material
These liners are made of a high-quality plastic that is easy to clean and strong enough to hold up to the weight of the litter. The Asian pears fragrance is a huge hit with cats and is a big reason why these litter box liners are so popular.
You get the Asian Pear scent without having to purchase special scented litter. The only downside is that the liner doesn’t fit all boxes.
Just take one sheet, place it in your wet or messy litter box, and use your litter scoop to scrape off the solids. Then fold the sheet in half; place your other hand under the liner, and lift the whole thing out of the tray.
19. Catit Design SmartSift Replacement Liner
- Best for mess reduction of any liner on the market
- Made of a plush and disposable silicone that doesn’t require scooping
- Can be pricey
- Does require a specific rack to work and isn’t compatible with any other
The Catit Design SmartSift Replacement Liner is the best litter box liner on the market right now because it removes the need to get your hands inside the cat litter box.
These liners are washable and reusable. You just lift the liner and tilt it to one side. The loose litter falls through the hole so you are left with only clean litter on the side. Just pull the clean litter to a wastebasket and you are done cleaning the litter box.
Unfortunately this liner is not compatible with any other wastebasket and tends to cost a little more than other liners however, it is much less hassle, which makes it the best litter box liner around.
20. Petmate Top Entry Litter Pan Liners
- Doesn’t fall apart when you’re changing the litter
- Easy to clean. Just toss in your washer and go
- Ideal for multiple cats in one home
- The litter tends to get knocked out of the box when you scoop the litter
- If your cat likes to throw their litter out of their box (which is common) nothing is stopping them from doing this with the litter bag
- You have to use a special brand of litter
Petmate top entry litter pans are arguably the best litter box liners on the market. They’re low maintenance and easy to clean, not to mention the fact that they will save you from the pain and heartbreak you’d endure from trying to dispose of your boxes.
The Petmate litter pan liners are made from a high quality material that is intended to last over 2-3 years even with daily wear and tear. Petmate is known for creating litter boxes that are long-lasting and enduring, and this litter box liner is no exception.
21. Imperial Cat Neat 'n Tidy
- Makes scooping easier
- It keeps your litter area cleaner
- Does not attract the cat to use the plastic
- Does not fall apart
- The plastic feels cheap
These liners will drastically improve your scooping experience. Their unique design means you can place them around your litter box for easy access. Being puncture-resistant, it is easy for you to scoop with litter and waste.
The unique design of the cat litter sifting liner makes it a success. You can place it where you want. You can also lay the cats’ messes and feces on the liner, knowing the mess will be contained.
These cat litter sifting liners are also pretty durable. They are designed to withstand your cat messes and cat urine. It will not take long before you place a heavy cat inside the litter sifting liner.
22. Cat Litter Box Liners
- High quality
- Good value
- Large in size
Overall the reviews of this product have been positive. People have reported that after months of use, this liners have not torn even when carrying in bulk cat litter.
These liners are great because they do a great job in sealing in the cat smells and preventing any leakage. People have purchased these liners for their cats and dog and they have reported that it has done a great job in containing strong dog urine smells and cat litter smells as well.
Further, the fact that it comes with a drawstring bag makes it easy to transport the liners when it is full and it also gives you a convenient way to dispose the litter.
23. Cat Litter Box Liners Jumbo 20 Count
- Lifetime Replacement Guarantee
- Easy to Clean
- Sewn Seams for added Strength
- Odor Control
The Cat Litter Box Liners are made with the top product in mind. They are designed to provide your cat with a clean litter box. With one of these liners in your litter box, you can finally say goodbye to scooping. This is an amazing product to buy.
These liners are highly durable and hold up well to your cat or kitten ripping through it. They are one-of-a-kind in their capability to protect your litter box. They also keep your litter box smelling fresh and clean – not like the traditional smells from your cat’s litter box.
Your litter box will be protected and last for a longer period of time, as they are made up of 80 percent more protection.
24. Bio Blue Cat Litter Box Liners
- One of the most affordable liners on the market
- Premium Quality
- Normal liner strength
25. Sta-Put Elastic Cat Pan Liners
- Easy to use
- You can use them with other litters
- Less Cleaning Time
- Prevents tracking
An Odor Retention rate of 8.6/10
The Sta-Put brand has created an exceptional product that will make your life easier and your kitty’s life better. This cat pan liner has a sculptural design covers and hides the litter box and blends well with any home decor.
These liners are made with extra-strength materials and the drawstring makes them easy to use and to set up. You can have your cat’s litter box fit in with any decor.
There are many options out there when it comes to choosing a cat litter box liner, and it is highly recommended that you make the right choice from the start. The type of liner you choose will determine how easy or hard it will be to clean up the litter box, and how well it will perform under different conditions.
Based on our research, we’ve decided that non-scented, plastic liners are better and easier to use. Plus, they’re sturdier, and will last longer when you go to clean them. This guide will help you narrow down your options and select the right path for you.
|Alfapet litter box liners Disposable||Best Overall|
|Van Ness Extra Giant Sifting Cat Pan Liners||Budget Pick|
|Fresh Step Drawstring Cat Litter Box Liners||Upgrade Pick|