My cats freak out when I trim their nails, but that’s typical because most people aren’t used to trimming cat nails.
However, a lot of people own one or more cats, so it’s best to get them to the vet to professionally have their nails clipped if you’re not sure how to do it. However, this isn’t always an option for everyone.
|Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder Upgraded||Best Overall|
|JW Pet Company GripSoft Cat Nail Clippers Non-Slip Handle One Size Fits All||Budget Pick|
|WALKINNWITH LOOKUT Premium Dog Nail Clippers||Upgrade Pick|
1. Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder Upgraded
The Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder is one of the most effective tools on the market for removing doggy nails, plus it’s much more concise than a clipper. With the Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder on the market, you’re safe in the knowledge your pet will have their nails properly maintained and overall wellbeing improved.
Priced at under a tenner, this item can help to greatly improve your pet’s health while also allowing you to spend less on pet nail products.
2. Pet Nail Clippers
- This product comes in different colors
- Safe and easy to use
- You can get a 30-day money back guarantee if there’s any dissatisfaction
- There’s a lifetime warranty with this product
This product is very safe to use for your pets. The manufacturers have made it a point to create something that will not hurt your dog. The handle for this nail clipper is designed to fit your hand perfectly which makes it easy to trim your pet’s nails. It comes with a guide book for you to take after to make sure your pet is comfortable after the nail trimming.
It is possible to use the clippers on the cat’s nails. It’s not as easy as it is for dogs’ nails, but it is possible. Many people take the option of using a guillotine style scissors instead which is easier to use.
If you would like to have the clipper on your keychain then you can have that with the Pet Nail Clippers for Small Animals. The product comes with a durable key ring with the clipper attached. Shipping is not included in the purchase price.
3. JW Pet Company GripSoft Cat Nail Clippers Non-Slip Handle One Size Fits All
- The tools are safe
- It functions well
- Doesn’t work on dogs
- Make sure to remove the nail cap on cats
- Has a tendency to slip if you don’t pay attention while clipping
You can use this tool to prevent your cat from scratching on certain parts of furniture or your skin.
This will also prevent your cat from harming itself or any of your family members from getting scratched by accident.
When the cat is not having a bath, you can use these nail clippers to trim its nails and make it pretty. This will help prevent your cat from scratching and hurting you or others around the house.
4. H&H Pets Claw Treatment
The H&H Pets Claw Treatment is unique as it is both a nail treatment that develops healthy nails, and a nail trimmer that keeps your cat's nails sanitary and trimmed.
The nail treatment should be applied weekly, and within two to three months, cats will be pulling the excess off themselves!
It is fully guaranteed by the manufacturer, and is safe for cats and kittens from 2 days to 10 years.
5. Pet Republique Cat Nail Clippers
- Tin that stores trimmers in kept for safety.
- Very sharp trimmers.
- The cover over the blades allows for better protection of the cat while trimming.
- The cat has to be comfortable touching the trimmer. They are sharp and have to touch the cat making them more likely to move.
- They seem to work for some cats and not for others, even though they have the same feedback on how well they work.
- You have to be very careful while using them. They do not have guard protection around the blades. They do not work for all cats. Your cat may be afraid of them. This is not for a first time owner of a cat or kitten.
The blades are always sharp! This allows for easy trimming. There is no need for expensive and painful visits to the vet to get the nails clipped! You and your cat will love these nail clippers!
Trim your cat's nails with ease thanks to the Pet Republique Cat Nail Clippers. These nail trimmers are miniature but really sharp! They allow for shorter nails thanks to the guides that line up on each side of the nail. Made of stainless steel, these sharp clippers will last for years to come!
6. gonicc Dog & Cat Pets Nail Clippers and Trimmers
- The sharpness of the blade is a unique feature
- Can be used on even small cat nails
- Allows you to file your pet’s nails as well
- The nail file that is included is a plus
- The fact that it has a safety guard is another plus
This nail clipper is another fantastic option for cats and dogs as it ensures that you will not accidentally cut too much off of their nails. The way that the safety guard works is by rounding out the tip of the nail clipper so that it will not cut off the sharp end.
7. Poodle Pet Cat Nail Trimmer Clipper Scissors
- Precise & Best for Your Pets' Health
- Good Quality & Reliable
- Best Nail Trimmer for Both Large & Small Dogs
- Adjustable Cutting Blade
- Easily File And Cut Nail Tips
- Safe & Effective!
- Nail Trimmer for Humans & Pets
One Of The Most Important Things A Pet Owner Can Do Is Keep Nails Trimmed, And One Of The Best Ways To Do That Is To Utilize A Good Quality Pet Nail Trimmer Such As This One Here.
We As First Time Pet Owners Had Plenty Of Worries About Our Pet's Nails Being Cut, And We Know How Stressful It Can Be When You Have To Bring Your Pet To A Vet For Grooming.
So, As A New Pet Owner, We Did Lots Of Research, And We Came Across With This Pet Nail Trimmer And We Decided To Give It A Try.
8. Peteast Dog Nail Grinder
- LED lights provide excellent lighting during trimming
- 2 grinding wheels
- Easy to use
Included, 1 Shelf.
If you are looking for a convenient nail trimmer that is rechargeable and cordless, then you should check out the Peteast Dog Nail Grinder for Small, Medium & Large Dogs.
This dog nail grinder is not only cordless but also is rechargeable and is very flexible as it is compatible with both large and small dogs.
9. WALKINNWITH LOOKUT Premium Dog Nail Clippers
- Very inexpensive
- Useful for multiple cats
- Will last for years
- Smaller design is a bit difficult to use on larger paws
- Can leave thin slivers of nail that need to be snipped later
- Plastic nail guides to hold cat feels a bit flimsy
If you have multiple cats or smaller sized dogs that aren't very big, this is a great option.
It is an easy to use flashing light system that works like a charm. Once your pet is comfortable with it, you can use it to give them a switch that signals when they can move.
One down side some people noticed was that the nail guide is wider than a regular cat nail. So you'll need to use the guide less often as it's only necessary on the very first time cutting a cats nails.
10. Cat & Dog Nail Clippers & Trimmers
- Keep your pet in good shape (joint pain, back problems, etc.)
- Effective for declawing cats
- Keep your pet from scratching/destroying furniture
- Keep your pet from shredding your clothes and slippers
- Super easy to use!!
- The nail guard is a bit flimsy and may bend if you are too rough with it
- The nail dust will eventually pile up and may be hard to clean out
- Not good for large breeds or for heavy cats
This nail cutter should be great for cats of smaller breeds. However, I would definitely not recommend using this on larger breeds such as the Maine Coon. The handle and lever could prove to be far too fragile for them.
This is a solid option for cat owners. Small, lightweight, and easy to use. Just enough adjustments for most cats. If you are one of the unfortunate ones that need a bigger cut or just more power to get through what is referred to as the “quick,” this is not the kit for you.
Secure packaging and good shipping.
11. Hertzko Professional Pet Nail Scissors Sharp Stainless Steel Angled Blade
- Shears are made of strong stainless steel
- The blades are thin for trimming pet nails
- Blades are made to ensure a quality trimming
- The blades are adjustable
- The blades are sharp
- The blades are comfortable to use
- The blades are ideal for trimming pet claws
- Blades are hard to clean
- Blades are not ergonomically designed
After reading customer reviews about the Hertko Professional, it is clear that it is a high quality nail clipper with no competitive issues.
It cutting edge is thin and can make quick work of your small animal's nails.
Easy to use, easy to clean, and perfect for small nails.
12. Corspet Professional Cat & Dog Nail Clippers
- Easy Grip
- The Quick Safety Guard
- The Safety Lock
Able to handle dogs or cats, these nail clippers are a space and time saver thanks to the Quick Safety Guard. It can be removed so that you can use the clippers for your dog. It can also be replaced easily when you need to remove it.
After clipping a nail, you can use the safety lock to keep the blades in place when you are taking them off the animal. You will not have to worry about the blades coming down and hurting the animal or cutting a finger.
These are meant to be used for small mid-sized breeds as well as cats. You can use other tools or files if you are clipping larger dogs. You never want to see the quick of an animal or cut it.
13. Pets Dog and Cat Nail Clippers .Free Nail File and
- If your pets are having feet disorder, it is a MUST TO PURCHASE NOW!
- Works great on dogs and kitten alike.
- If your pet's toenails are too hard to clip, you can use the nail file to grind it down and make it easier to clip next time.
- Incredibly sharp blade just will cut your pet's toenails smoothly and safely.
- Portable and long working battery life.
- Safety guard on the clippers will prevent you from overcutting the nails.
- Pet nail clippers for dogs and cats made for big dogs and small cats with smooth edges.
- Stay away from over-trimming your pet's nails.
- No more worries of over-cutting your pet's nails.
- We don't recommend that people with weak hands use these nail clippers as the pressure you have to apply to the nail clipper can push down on your hand and that extra pressure exerted may take so much energy out of your hand that you could injure yourself.
If your cat or your dog is biting or scratching you, it’s annoying and can be a problem if this happens all the time. Without a doubt, Bota-Pet nail clippers are the most effective cat nail clippers and dog nail clippers in the market today.
14. Ruff 'n Ruffus Cat and Dog Nail Grinder
- Easy to use
- Long enough
- Priced affordably
- Continuous grind
- Doesn’t work on all nails
- A bit loud for some pets
And Rechargeable, Long Cage for Long Nail.
Available in two different colors (besides being mostly black) this nail and nail-file combo is a great way for you to trim your cats or dogs nails or gos with minimal stress on both the animal and, if you’re not experienced at this, you.
The grinder is the key piece of this kit that will help to take those nails care of. It’s important to get the right grinder…it’s been carefully designed to give your pet a safe, comfortable, and quiet trim. It’s a specially designed grinding wheel that’s easy to clean. And it’s the key reason why the product is so effective. It grinds the nail down to a safe and comfortable level.
15. JW Pet Company Deluxe Nail Trimmer
- Trimmer is guaranteed not to break
- Multi-use clippers are also approved for dogs
- Extra-cond rigid handle gives you a sturdy and safe grip on the clippers
- The transparent guard helps you cut the nail properly
- It isn’t too heavy to handle with one hand
- Not great for very large dogs
- The design can be awkward to use
No matter what I do, I can never get a perfect nail trim.
I’m not sure if I’m not using the right size(s) of nail clippers, or if my cat is just really hard to handle. If you’re having troubles with nail trimming, then clip away your pain with the JW Pet Company Deluxe Nail Trimmer.
This nail clipper isn’t guaranteed to break under any circumstances (it’s lifetime guarantee to boot), and the transparent guard lines the blade, so you can see exactly where you are clipping.
16. SYOSIN Dog Cat Nail Clippers and Trimmer,Pet Nail Clippers
- LED lights prevent nail injuries
- Clippers easily cut through thick nails
- Disposable blade for easy disposal
- Easy to hold handle and grip
- Effective at getting to hard to reach places
- Long lasting battery (rechargeable)
- Comes with an extra battery
- Includes a nail file
Despite the technical shadiness of using a tool with an embedded light to trim nails, it works. This product gets your cat used to the use of the tool and to the light. The cutting blade is perfect for trimming nails and quickly. The small, rechargeable battery can be plugged into the wall, and it lasts a long time.
The clipper includes a nail file that helps smooth your cat’s nails after you’ve cut them to prevent pain and avoid scratches. The clipper also provides an easy-to-hold body. Your cat should be comfortable during grooming.
17. Hertzko Electric Dog Nail Grinder Gentle
- Clippers and trimmer in one
- Safer and more humane than a traditional manual nail trimming method
- USB rechargeable
- Low price compared to similar products
- Extends battery life for up to 100 uses
- Only emits a low vibrating sound during operation, which is much less stressful for your cat
- Comes with a USB cord to recharge device and a cleaning screw
- Uses Ni-MH batteries for the most battery life in comparison to Li-ion or Li-Fe
It is made of sturdy ABS plastic with a very comfortable rubber tip. Its smooth ergonomic design is very easy to use and should provide you with an easy experience using the product on animals.
As it is an electric nail grinder, it is a safer and more humane alternative to other nail clippers like scissors and nail files.
This nail grinder comes with one battery and a charger enclosed in the package as well as the powerful grinding head.
18. Pettom Cat Nail Clippers Professional Stainless Steel Pet Toes Cutter Scissor Dog Claw Trimmer Grooming Tool
- Cost effective
- Stainless steel blades
- Most effective on small-medium cat nails, some owners have had issues with larger nails.
- If you are left handed the design can make this difficult to use.
We own cats and have spent equal amounts of time looking for the perfect cat nail clippers. I decided to do some research by reading hundreds of cat nail clipper reviews. This set of cat nail trimmers has been fantastic for us. They are comfortable and the ergonomic design make it easy to hold on to. The blades are sharp enough to cut through nail and it makes no noise. These are great quality that does not require replacement.
19. Bell+Howell PAWPERFECT Rechargeable Pet Nail Rotating File
- This is more than just a nail clipper. It uses its rotating capability to grind and file nails, which leaves them short, neat, and clean.
- The wide guard of the clipper helps you to avoid cutting your pet's leg when trimming the nails.
- Using it is easy and does not cause any pain to the pet.
- It has a long lasting battery.
- Nails get stuck in the motor as it rotates.
- It takes some training for pets to get used to the sound of the motor. They tend to get startled the first few times they hear it.
- The grooming process provides entertainment and is good for their health, but using it too often can be stressful for the pet. To prevent overusing it, you can leave some nails longer than others.
- It is a bit costly, but as opposed to the traditional pet clippers, it has a lot of added features that make the extra cost worth it.
From trimming to smoothening, grinding and filing, this clipper provides with all the essentials that you need when grooming your small furry friend. It has a powerful yet quiet motor that grinds nails instead of cutting them, leaving them with short, smoothening and clean nails.
20. Luccalily Dog Cat Nail Clippers
- The perfect size to carry with you while you are on-the-go
- The Led lights make the nail clipping process less stressful
- The safety guard will help reduce the bleeding and it is also handy for training cats
- The hidden nail file helps to smooth the edges after clipping
- Lightweight pocketsized design
- A set of two nail clippers, one for cat, one for dog
- Comes with a free steel comb
If you are looking for the best nail trimmer that you can bring along with you on the go then you might want to consider the Luccalily Dog Cat Nail Clippers.
It comes with a hidden nail file, a safety guard and LED lights. Thanks to the safety guard and its sharp blade, this nail clipper is perfect for training cats as well.
The sharp blade ensures that it is easy to clip the nails without scratching the cat. In fact, it is impossible to cut too far with this clipper.
21. EnYL Dog Nail Clippers Trimmer Set
- AVAILABLE IN DIFFERENT SETS TO ACCOMMODATE ANY WIRE DOGS
- Rubber finger grip for firm and comfortable control
- Safety guard to avoid over-cutting.
- 100% Moneyback Guarantee
- Quality may not be the best
- The zipper on the inside compartment is not the best
Free Lightweight Pouch-Black.
With this product, you can save time and money. It is an excellent choice because it can be used on cats, dogs, and rabbits. You do not have to worry about making a mistake while trimming your dog’s nails because it comes with a guard that will keep you safe while trimming.
22. Helishy Illuminated Pet Nail Clipper
- The LED Light allows for easy viewing of your pets nails
- You can get a variety of different sizes for different sized animals
This illuminated pet nail trimmer comes with a built in LED light that allows for easy viewing of your pets nails. It is made of top quality stainless steel and is designed to cut the nail straight across allowing for the easiest and smoothest nail cutting with the least amount of pain for your pet.
This nail trimmer is great for dog, cats, bunny, parrot, birds and other small animals. It is also great for people who are just starting to trim their pets nails. The ergonomic design allows for a stable and comfortable grip whether you are right or left handed. It comes with spare blades if needed or you eat it and also is backed by a manufacturer’s guarantee.
23. Wahl Professional Animal Pet
- Easy to use
- Naturally removes sharp edges and points
This nail grinder is made by the trustworthy brand Wahl. The product is a professional pet nail clipper. The nail clipper is designed to be used by professional groomers, but still this nail grinder is ideal for you if you are a person that keeps dogs as your pets.
The nail clipper is also ideal for cats. That are tied to the home. It comes with a safety guard to avoid your hands and pets hands from being injured during the process of clipping the nails.
Also, the use of the nail grinder is done without the need of being plugged into an electric outlet, thus making it safe to use anywhere.
24. Allstar Innovations PetiCare LED Light Pet Nail Clipper
- Cool LED Light – You can use it for night time use
- Comes with built-in LED light (instead of holding as you clip)
- Solid design – Even with the LED light, it's durable
- Good for people with large hands
- Strong clipper
- Calming light slows kitty down or gets kitty used to getting a manicure
And a LED Light.
25. Four Paws Magic Coat Cat Claw Clippers
- The clippers can cut through thick nails with minimal effort
- Cat claw trimmers
As a first time cat owner I was a little intimidated by our new addition and had no idea how to trim her nails. Before you get started, scruff the cat by firmly grabbing the loose skin on the back of your cats neck. Lift your cat up to an area where you have a firm surface like a table or countertop. If your cat is struggling, try to distract them with treats and pet them on the side of their head as a reward. Start by looking for their pinkie toes. Place your clippers on the side of the pinkie toe where the nail is attached, be careful to not cut too far forward as you will cut into the quick. If your cat tries to pull away, hold on to their scruff to keep them in place. If your cat struggles too much for you to hold on to, try gently pressing the end of the nail onto the flat surface and it will help your cat calm down.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What type of nail clippers are best for cats?
There are really two things you want to consider when buying nail clippers.
Is it OK to cut cat nails with human Clippers?
According to our research, clippers designed for humans might not be good for cutting cats’ nails or grooming cats. If you already have clippers at the house, why not give them a try? I mean why spend additional money on something that they might not really be needed.
You need to have the proper equipment to cut a cat's nails. In our opinion, a cat nail clipper for humans is way too dull for any cat.
Before you start to trim your cat's nails, consider watching some relevant videos on You Tube. This not only should help you to hold your cat's paw, but it should also help clarify the process. Be sure to watch a few different ones to see how everyone seems to hold the cat's paw a little bit differently.
Should you cut cat's back claws?
Yes, you should. Just checking in to make sure you're still reading and haven't been distracted by the cat knocking something off your desk.
According to the ASPCA, cat claws are designed to keep your cat from falling off of high surfaces. Now, think about a cat falling from a tree branch. If it were to happen it would be devastating for both you and your cat.
Keeping your cat's nails trimmed is one of the best things you can do for it on a regular basis. This should be a fun experience for both of you, as it will allow you to bond in a positive way. Just be safe when doing so.
When should I trim my cat's nails?
Trimming your cat's nails is probably one of the most undesirable chores a cat parent can face. It's difficult, unpleasant, and sometimes scary for inexperienced caregivers but it is an important part of taking care of a cat.
When should we trim our cats’ nails? If your cat's nails start to click-clack across your hard wood floor when walking, then it’s a sign to get out those clippers. Typically nail trimming is performed in spring and early summer when cats start to wear their new full coats. You're probably going to need another trim around winter, especially if you experience a lot of snow during the winter months.
We’ve done the research to find the best cat nail clippers and trimmers and we hope that you can easily find something that’s just right for your needs. For that, we’ve produced this buyer’s guide on cat nail clippers. We’ve put in the time and research to educate you about how to buy cat nail trimmers, and what to look for in the best options for you. Based on our extensive research and hands on testing, we think that the best cat nail clippers are the ones by Oster.
|Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder Upgraded||Best Overall|
|JW Pet Company GripSoft Cat Nail Clippers Non-Slip Handle One Size Fits All||Budget Pick|
|WALKINNWITH LOOKUT Premium Dog Nail Clippers||Upgrade Pick|