Pheromone sprays have become very popular in cat circles. They work by mimicking a scent felines associate with safe and friendly environments. It’s a very good way of naturally controlling some of the unwanted behaviors cats display.
So, what are the best cat pheromone sprays that you can get from Amazon?
I’ve found some of the most popular cat pheromone sprays available on the market today. They have been independently reviewed, and they’ve scored very well.
|FELIWAY Spray||Best Overall|
|Pet Organics No-Stress Spray||Budget Pick|
|Calming Stress Relief Formula||Upgrade Pick|
1. FELIWAY Spray
- Comes in easier to hold bottle.
- Easy to use. Spray on, rub in.
- Hours of effective operation.
- Just one can cover the needs of up to 4 cats.
- Non-medicinal. No drugs.
- Works as an appetite stimulant too. Just spay on their food.
- Works in any situation. Spray it on or rub it in.
- Contains synthetic cat pheromones.
- It doesn’t get much more effective than this.
- Cat stop peeing problem.
You can spray or used it through the diffuser to calm your stressed-out cat.
2. Only Natural Pet Just Relax Botanical Cat Calming Spray
- Cats love the smell
- May help to reduce stress and anxiety in your cat
- Helps to keep cats out of your garden or off your furniture
If your cat is nervous or anxious, looking for adventure, scratching furniture, fighting, spraying, or urinating everywhere, then it is time for calm with Just Relax.
It is a 100% holistic cat calming spray. That´s a fancy term for being a completely natural product. It contains water, Lissa Pet Calming essential oils, an essential oil blend, ß-Phellandrene, ß-Pinene, Terpineol, Linalool, and a natural preservative.
It helps to calm cats by mimicking their natural feline calming pheromones, helping to keep your cat calm and happy.
3. Felisept Home Comfort Calming Spray
- It is very effective for calming the cat, what is more, it is easy and safe to use
- It does really work in eliminating stress caused by territorial marking, moving home, mixed households, strange children, moving/new cat to the house, strange noises, boarding, veterinarian visits etc
- Shipped within 1-3 days
- The product offered by Felisept is very effective in eliminating aggression and stress
- The product is very efficient and it can be an effective training tool
- The prices are affordable and you can also choose between different variations
The Felisept Home Comfort Calming spray is effective in eliminating stress caused by territorial marking, moving home, mixed households, strange children, moving/new cat to the house, strange noises, boarding, veterinarian visits etc.
It is easy to use and it can be used for minimizing territorial marking, moving home, mixed households, strange children, moving/new cat to the house, strange noises, boarding, veterinarian visits etc.
A spray of Felisept Comfort Calming spray has calming effect. With regular use of this spray, you can eliminate separation distress and fighting between cats and it also eliminate the stress caused by moving/relocation.
4. Relaxivet Pheromone Calming Spray
- You can use it on your dog as well as your cat
- Definitely has an immediate calming effect
- You should see big improvement by the following day
(Buy 3 Get 2)
This calming pheromone spray is in an easy to use spray bottle, which makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. A few squirts of this spray on your pets bedding, favorite toys or even on furniture like chairs will help them relax instantly.
The active ingredient in this formula is the synthetic copy of a natural pheromone already produced by the feline's forehead glands which is known to be prominent in soothing and calming our beloved felines.
5. Sentry Calming Spray
- Easy to use
- Works almost instantly
& Odorless, 240ml.
You just spray the area where the cat usually sprays (usually around door frames, windowsills, and furniture legs) daily for about three to four days and then stop. The pheromone will work within a day or two to keep your cat from urinating outside of the box. I would say that it took my cats two days to have the pheromone kick in. You can also use this product for training kittens to use the litter box.
I would recommend Sentry Calming Spray for Cats if you are looking for an effective odorless pet pheromone spray for your home.
6. ThunderEase Cat Calming Pheromone Spray
- The blend of ingredients is perfect for calming
- Best to use with Feliway Diffusers for the most effective results
- Excellent for use in the car, kennel or travel crate
- A single spray lasts for 12 hours
- This is a great product but it is not a medical solution
- You should only stop use when your cat is feeling better
The ThunderEase Calming Spray has the highest Feliway content of any calming product available to the consumer. This helps calm behaviors such as scratching, licking, marking and urine spraying.
This product is a great possibility if your cat is prone to scratch or over-marking. The calming spray has a calming effect on your pet that lasts for a long time. You will need to use it when your pet is not feeling stressed, usually before you go out your cat in the car or in the kennel, or before you board him.
When used with a Feliway Diffuser, ThunderEase Calming Spray has the potential to show better results. It had been proven to help with the issue of cats that have separation anxiety. It is also great for use in the car, kennel or travel crate. You do not need to wait for the cat to be fearful, just use the calming spray regularly when your pet is feeling relaxed.
7. Pet Organics No-Stress Spray
- You have the option to buy this product in either 4 oz or 8 oz bottles
- The 4 oz bottle will last you at least two months if not longer
- Is a much cheaper option than buying at a pet store
Consistency may not be that great for you. You may have to reapply it on a regular basis, especially if you have a very active cat.
When you bring a cat in your life, their constant need for attention can become rather annoying, which may lead you to consider giving them away. However, there are ways you can retain that attention without causing stress to you or your cat.
8. NaturVet – Quiet Moments Herbal Calming Room Spray
- A cheap alternative to scented sprays that are on the market
- Shallower discounts than competitors
- Available in a 4 ounce size
- Comes in a spray bottle, so you can’t easily control how much gets on your cat
- Works for a limited amount of time
3 The full name of this product is “Quiet Moments Herbal Calming Room Spray.” The 8 ounce spray bottle includes lavender essential oil, a known scent that is calming to both people and animals. It will spray for several seconds before stopping. The ingredients in this spray include lavender, chamomile, rose geranium, Roman chamomile, and cedarwood oils.
4 Lavender has a calming effect on cats, especially at bedtime. Many people, including some feline behaviorists, recommend placing a light-lavender scented cloth or blanket in your cat’s bed. Allowing your cat to get used to this scent before bedtime can make your cat feel safer and more relaxed in his new environment.
9. Pet Remedy Natural De-Stress & Calming Spray
- The spray is extremely effective
- It works very quickly
- After spraying once, you don’t have to worry about it anymore
- You can re-apply as often as you like with no side effects
- Pet Remedy Natural De-Stress & Calming Spray is compatible with other treatment methods
- It is more costly than other cat pheromone sprays
- Most customers received the product in great shape. However, in earlier tests, there were a few reports of leakage during shipment.
Pet Remedy is the most effective cat pheromone spray out there. While some customers are purists about only using natural products, it is clear that Pet Remedy has advantages over the other products.
When you take into consideration other methods of dealing with stress, a small price tag no longer seems so bad.
Again, this product comes highly recommended and remains our top choice because many veterinarians have seen good results when they recommend this spray to their clients.
10. Pet MasterMind Cat Spray
- Great Negative Ionizer (110 Reviews)
- Plant Based Ingredients
- Available for a variety of feline needs
This all natural spray has a 95% success rate with no health risks or side effects when used in accordance with the instructions.
When used as directed there are no health risks and all natural calming pheromone actions that may help with:
11. Comfort Zone Spray & Scratch Control Cat Calming Spray
- Guaranteed to end unwanted behaviors
- Smells great!
200ml 1.25 Oz
Instead of using harsh chemicals, Comfort Zone® products use dual-sided tape, the same material used in tape and glue removers as well as in non-stick products, to help your cat or kitten learn to use surfaces you want him/her to use.
One canister of Comfort Zone® consists of more than 420 applications. Just attach to the item you want your cat to avoid. Then reward your cat with a treat when s/he touches the treated item. Treats and praise are the most effective ways to train any animal.
12. Nature's Miracle Just
- It is affordable
- It is a trusted product name
It can be used as a mist and it can be used as a plug-in.The formula is great because it has a calming effect on your cat. Just one spray can help your cat to relax after an aggressive or stressful event.
13. Calming Stress Relief Formula
- Comes highly recommended by cat owners and pet experts
- It can be used on indoor & outdoor cats
- It can be used to help ease dog anxiety and irritability
- The combination of pheromones and the soothing aroma of lavender help calm your cat/dog
- Can be used long-term as opposed to most other sprays
- Does not wipe off when you pet lick themselves
- Most pheromone sprays come in a spray bottle and contain liquid. Since this product is in a diffuser it is more gentle and safer on your pet.
- Cats may only need the product for a short period of time while they go through a stressful event. Consistency is necessary to have pride in your cat.
- Many seem to agree that cat pheromone products don’t work unless you know your cat’s issue and can target it specifically with the product.
- Not recommended as a preventative product.
- Availability of products. Since this product is in a diffuser bottle it can be more difficult to locate online or in stores depending on your location.
14. Uniqnature Joint & Muscle Active Relief Gel
Joint Advance is an easy to administer gel that works to relieve pains in dog's and cat's small joints. It works to relieve pain from arthritis and other joint injuries. It is also good for aches and pains in the larger joints.
Joint Advance is also great because it is made from hemp oil, which is a top grade product that is full of helpful fatty acids for your pet.
15. Zen Kitty
- Made with all natural and non-toxic ingredients
- Uses flower essences and hydrosols for their calming properties
- Works well with cats who live in high stress environments
- Your wallet won’t suffer thanks to the low cost
- The scent is very faint
- May not work well for extremely anxious cats
The Zen Kitty calms pets. It uses powerful flower essences and hydrosols that are known for their calming properties. It also contains homeopathic drops to bring all of the ingredients together so you can allow your cat to relax.
It is basically a combination of calming herbs, flowers, and dashes of homeopathic medication. These ingredients are what ensure that your cat will be able to relax and enjoy a calmer life.
One thing to note is that your cat has to smell the calming spray for it to work. If your cat tends to walk right past the calming sprays you have used in the past, then choosing Zen Kitty may be more ideal for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best pheromone spray for cats?
While there is some debate over whether or not these sprays can actually work to your advantage, one thing is certain: if you have a cat over one year old, spraying them with a product containing pheromones is a great way to calm them down in times of stress (which seems to be pretty much all the time, if they are anything like our cat).
After deciding which product to go with, there are a few things to keep in mind. You don’t need to spray it all the time; every couple of weeks is sufficient to build up the animal's tolerance, and then it'll come in pretty handy in a time of need.
Do pheromone sprays work for cats?
Yes, pheromone sprays work for cats. Actually, there aren’t any products that will guarantee that your male cat will remain neutered, but pheromone sprays can help with the transition. After all, cats can only mark and/or spray in the areas where they can smell their pheromone.
If you’ve had problems with a male cat and you want to prevent him from spraying in your home, the best way to do that is to neutralize the cat spray smell with neutralizers and, in many cases, the use of pheromone sprays.
What is the best product to calm cats?
There are several ways you can help your cat reduce stress and anxiety. These include working with a veterinarian to ensure that your cat is getting enough exercise, mentally stimulating, and regulated. Other ways to relax your cat include using pheromone sprays, toys, and essential oils. You can also try changing the lighting and rearranging your décor to help them feel more at home.
The best pheromone sprays for cats help your cat feel more safe, secure, and less anxious. Ideally, this should help it calm down and become less destructive, more able to calmly interact with you, and sleep better at night.
There are a number of different cat calming formulas, but the one you want to avoid are the scented sprays, as cats do not care for these as they disturb smell sense. They are not going to get the calming effect of using a pheromone spray.
Are calming sprays safe for cats?
If you have ever met an irascible cat, you know that it’s not all supposed to be about cute fluff and flowers. Many cats are mean and unruly; but fresh air can restore order. Just like it’s calming effect on us, air fresheners are also good to have in your home to quell the chaos.
It’s a commonly known fact that a freshly sprayed pheromone spray can elevate the mood of a troubled feline and if this is the issue, then go ahead and buy a few bottles to spray around the house.
If your cat is having a more serious anxiety or depression issue then you should call your vet before administering any pheromone spray. More often than not, your vet will prescribe anti-anxiety drugs and anti-depressants for you to give to your anxious cat.
|FELIWAY Spray||Best Overall|
|Pet Organics No-Stress Spray||Budget Pick|
|Calming Stress Relief Formula||Upgrade Pick|