With no loyalty, they tend to view us humans as giant yet fluffy furnishings. We should learn from them and view them as temporary pets in a very unemotional way.
Nevertheless, they’re the most popular pet in the world for a reason: they need less attention than dogs (and they are much quieter in general), they can be left alone for longer periods of time, they’re low maintenance and they’re fun to watch.
So, whether you own a cat or dog, you will definitely want to take a look at this list of The Best Cat Thermometers.
|AURYNNS Pet Thermometer Dog Thermometer||Best Overall|
|Balacoo Pet Instant Read Digital Thermometer||Budget Pick|
|Pavia Rectal Temp Thermometer||Upgrade Pick|
1. AURYNNS Pet Thermometer Dog Thermometer
- Wide Selection
- Easy to Read LCD
- Not very big
Finally! A high-quality, 100% guaranteed, great value package that will help you to monitor the health of your "baby". Veterinarian Approved!
NOTE: Pet temperature are often different from a human temperature. Normal Temperature of a cat should be approximately between 100.5-102.5F. If the body temperature is below 100.5, then it is too cold. If the body temperature exceeds 108F, symptoms such as lethargy and possible tremors and seizures. These signs may indicate a fever or other contagious disease.
Although we've found some great product that can be used for humans, this thermometer is specifically for pet use.Auraynn Pet Thermometer is designed to be used for dogs, cats, horse, cattle, pigs, birds,dolphins, etc. It may be very small but it works just like other professional thermometers. It is a high sensitivity fast temperature detection device, giving accurate and fast results.
2. SHARPTEMP-V. Fast
- Quick reading
- Beep to let you know the temp is done
- Can be used on a variety of animals
- Made of high-quality material
- Beep quickly lets you know when it's done
- Safe for use on animals
- Can be a little cumbersome when handling
- Need to be careful where you touch
No more traditional glass thermometers!
As the name would suggest this one is the fastest thermometer we came across. It has a few extra features, like a built-in beeper, to let you know when it is done and it has a five-inch stainless-steel probe, so it can be used for more than one animal.
SharpTemp thermometers are not always the cheapest out there, but they do not need to be replaced as often as some of the other thermometers on the market, so in the long run it makes for a much better investment. If you need to read the temperature more than once a day, you might consider investing in an extra one for the house.
3. Pavia Rectal Temp Thermometer
- Small and easy to use
- Not for sub-zero temperatures
- Does not give you an accurate reading if your cat is moving
The Pavia Rectal Thermometer is one of the most popular thermometers on amazon and for an affordable price.
It is easy to use and really durable which makes it great for your pets. It also has a dial to control the temperature.
Some users have stated that this thermometer does not pick up the temperature correctly in extreme cold or if the cat is not at rest but these claims are very few and far between.
4. ADC Veterinary Thermometer
- Our favorite thermometer for its quality and reasonable price
- Two display modes (Fahrenheit and Celsius)
- Fast and easy to use
- Continuous temperature sensing
- Covers a range of -58 to 221 degrees Fahrenheit (-50~+105 degrees Celsius)
- It has a flexible tip that makes it can be moved gently and used in hard to reach areas.
- Records the last 8 temperatures for the 2 modes
- Measures like a human one does
- Automatic power off to save battery life
- Needs to be pressed down firmly before reading
- Some complain that it doesn’t give a quick accurate report, but if you press it firmly, this shouldn’t be a problem
Overall, this is a fair price thermometer that does what it should.
5. Hurinan Animal Electronic Ehermometer Pet Thermometer Digital Thermometer is a Fast Rectal Thermometer
- It comes with a free fingernail cutter, dog nail clipper and a dog nail file
- Large LCD display
- Easy to read and operate
- Very easy to clean
- It comes with a plastic cover to protects the probe from contamination/damage
- The battery cover could have been stronger.
- The unit is very lightweight and hence you have to hold it while taking the pet’s temperature.
- There are no instructions attached on the body of the thermometer and you have to download it from the manufacturer’s website.
- Accuracy is not guaranteed as the thermometer is not approved by the FDA to be used on pet.
Goat,Lama and Other Small and Medium Animals.
This is a nicely priced device that will give you quick, but not necessarily the most accurate, readings.
6. Medical Oral Thermometer
- Perfect for adults, baby and children
- Ideal for temperature taking under the arm, in the ear or rectum for most adults and children
- Waterproof design allows for easy cleaning
- There are several complaints of this product not working as expected.
- It features a thermometer for fever, temperature taking under the arm, fast and accurate, c/f switchable, foldable, removable caps and protective case.
Femometer is the best thermometer for oral and underarm measurement and fever. With the FDA approved digital thermometer temperature for fever, you can take your temperature quickly and accurately. Great for adults, baby and children.
7. Baby Thermometer
The temperature ranges from 32-42°C (89.5-107°F)
With this thermometer, whether you are a mom, a dad, or guardian, you will not need to worry about a high temperature for your baby.
When it comes to the question of safety, the manufacturer makes the product using only the selected and tested control temperature, which is not more than 42 degrees Celsius.
8. Advanced Monitors Pet-Temp Ear Thermometer
- Measures quickly
- Works well for children as well as animals
- The size allows it to be used on various part of the body
This product is not like traditional rectal thermometers. It uses infrared technology to give you the temperature of your catï¿½s body. An important note to make is that there are several different versions of this thermometer. Be sure to get the right one. This is the one that will work with the ear!
This thermometer gives you a digital reading. It is also a noninvasive thermometer. This product is meant for animals but can also be used on children. It uses infrared technology and is able to be used from 8 to 24 inches away from the body. This measurement allows it to be used on various parts of the body.
This product also comes with five different types of sensors. These are:
9. Tediver Medical Digital Thermometer
- Easy to use, large display monitor shows precise results.
- Heavy duty construction,Waterproof body and High accuracy and reliability.
- With fever alarm,basal body thermometer records high temperature, helps you to keep track of fever history
- Forehead thermometers are not advisable while sleeping at night in order to avoid potential injury.
- Surface should be disinfected and dried after using.
Using an infrared sensor the infrared digital thermometer gives instant results. This is certainly the easiest way to take a cat’s temperature.
Infrared thermometers are best for human skin and are also used in hospitals. The thermometer allows for a quick and accurate reading.
Heat sensors, on the other hand, heat up when in contact with heat and read the temperature accordingly. Measurements are taken in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
10. MKBOO Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer,Thermometer
- Digital display
- Simple to use
- Measures in Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Safe for all ages
- Good for applications such as a quick reading, taking the temperature of food, and taking a reading in an inaccessible spot
- The first responders kit comes with a book that helps to explain to parents what a fever is and how to take care of a child with one
- The fully digital screen is a little large compared to many other thermometers on the market today
- The screen is not illuminated, which makes it difficult to read in dim light
- Basic one-button operation is easy for an experienced user, but could be a little frustrating for someone who isn’t used to the technology
As far as non-contact thermometers go, the MKBOO is still a very affordable thermometer that has a lot of the same features as some of the more expensive models. It takes body temperature by reading your forehead, ear, or mouth. It is basically accurate to 1/10th of a degree, which means you won’t have to worry about your child having a mild infection and wondering if their temperature is really 99.8 degrees or 99.7
11. Balacoo Pet Instant Read Digital Thermometer
- Epidural family website has rated this product as the best product in its class.
- This is because it is fast, accurate, and just works.
- As well as a meat thermometer as it can be used to measure the accurate temperature of ground meat.
- It is not very nice to look at with its click pen
- Not a full read-out thermometer
The First Instantaneous Electronic Digital Thermometer for Pets with C/F Conversion, by Balacoo, is an ideal solution for pet owners who want to measure the temperature of their animals.
This digital pet thermometer is a useful item to have as it will allow you to access the temperature of your pet without the need to touch them.
This lightweight thermometer features a thermometer probe, a backlight, a fever alarm, a recall function, a low battery alarm, a fever alarm, a dual beam color-coded display, and a 9-volt battery.
12. B0838Y5L64 Redcolourful Pet Electronic Digital Thermometer
- This is a full-body temperature checker
- The operation and control is extremely easy and simple
- It has both Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature measurement modes
- You have to leave the thermometer in for around a minute
- The body temperature is displayed in the middle which can be slightly annoying for smaller pets
An extremely useful item, this thermometer is the fastest way to take a pet’s temperature. The Redcolourful Pet Pet Digital Thermometer for Dog and Cat is a dual sensor thermometer, which means you will get an accurate reading of both the internal and external temperatures. When you put it inside your pet’s ear, you will also be able to measure its body temperature.
13. Non-Contact Digital Infrared Thermometer
- It is non-invasive, using parts of the body that are easiest to reach
- It has a fever alarm feature that will let you know if your pet has a fever
- This is a fantastic baby thermometer as it will work for babies over 1 month in age
- It will let you know if your pet is sick
- The readout is sharp and clear
- It gives you a reading within seconds
- If your pet does not like to be touched on his/her ear or forehead, this may not be the best option for you
- It does not have an internal calibration system
- It could give you inaccurate readings if you are not prepared to take the time to read your instructions correctly
- This is a bit more expensive than other cat thermometers on the market
- You may need to find a temperature chart on the internet to compare your temperatures to
This is a fantastic thermometer to use as a cat thermometer. So if you are looking for the best cat thermometer for your pet, whether a kitten or an adult cat, then this thermometer is the one for you.
14. Flexible Digital Thermometer
- Accurate and easy to use
- Long lasting
We recommend the Flexi brand digital thermometer as the most accurate for a cat. It uses thermistor technology to read the temperature in your cat's body. It measures a wide range and has a beep to tell you when it has reached the correct temperature.
It comes with a neck wrap to keep it in place and a storage case.
It is approved by the FDA, and hypoallergenic.
15. yuxufeng 2pcs Veterinary Thermometer Digital Thermometer
- The temperature range (-4F‖158F) is great for tropical and cold water fish
- Thanks to its long sensor, it is accurate with big and deep body fish
- Built in a large LED flashlight
The Yuxufeng veterinary thermometer can measure a wide range of temperature for different types of fish (0.0℃‖60.0℃), perfect for most types of fish, for underwater and for tank temperature measurements.
The smart design comes with a backlit LCD screen and a flashing light that lights up when a certain temperature is reached to make you easily aware of the best time to perform the necessary tasks of fish care.
Other than the wide range of temperature it can measure and the LED flashlight, the two one-button operation is also worth mentioning.
16. Thermometer for Oral Rectal Armpit & Underarm
- Takes 10 seconds
You can come across many different ways to check the body temperature of your loved ones. Some of this way may make you feel a little uncomfortable or they are hard to use. This thermometer is very small and very accurate. It has a reading time of around 10 seconds. The device is waterproof and comes with a bag that is good for storage.
17. Mindpet-med Fast Clinical Pet Thermometer
- 3 Modes allow for a more accurate temperature reading
- Accurate and Within Seconds
Humane and Safe Digital Thermometer for Dogs, Cats, Pet, Pet, Pet, Pet.
The MindPet Med Temperature Sensor is the latest addition to the MindPet thermometer family and is designed to be the best cat thermometer to take those vital temperature readings with ease.
Using the 3 switchable modes as well as a large LCD on the thermometer it is simple to take an accurate reading within seconds. In addition to the temperature function the sensor will also register your pets temperature.
18. iSnow-Med Non contact Infrared Pet Thermometer
- Quick response time
- Easy to use
- Great battery life
This thermometer makes it super easy to quickly determine whether or not your cat has a fever or is otherwise under the weather. It reads in just 1 second so you can quickly check your cat without having to stick her with some needle.
The readings are very accurate and they are rapid which means that you will not have to dig around in your pet’s fur for an extended period of time while holding them still. Compared to many of the other options on the market, this device is very lightweight which makes it much easier to handle.
19. Pet Clinic Thermometer
- Measure in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Battery included
- Wipe clean
The Pet Clinic thermometer is made for all pets including dogs, cats, and rabbits.
This Pet Clinic thermometer is simple in design and does not contain features that you will not actually use. This thermometer is simple to use. There is an on/off button and that is about it. It has a backlight that is easy to see in poorly lit areas, but it isn’t bright enough to annoy pets when you are taking their temperature.
This thermometer has a forehead probe that is washable and replaceable. It can measure the temperature of your pet inside 1 second.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which type of thermometer is the most accurate?
The two most common types of temperature sensors are mercury and digital.
Mercury thermometers are inexpensive and have long been the standard in the clinical setting. They still retain their accuracy over the past years, but many find them problematic because of their toxic contents, and people are becoming less accepting to the idea of living with an item that can poison both your pet and you.
Digital thermometers are a newer technology that definitely has much more to offer. They are digital, simple, and highly accurate. They also show the most readings (specifically the temperature and the time taken) and they tend to last a lot longer than the older mercury products.
What is the most reliable digital thermometer?
I keep a thermometer in every one of my hanging tanks (for the betta fish) and one at the bottom of my aquarium (for the male guppy).
I have a couple tips for ensuring consistent and accurate readings.
First, you want to consider a thermometer that can be calibrated. Many brands tout this feature, including the Hanna Digital Thermometer. For me, it's an absolute must!
A thermometer that can be calibrated is a big plus because it means that you can calibrate it in boiling and freezing water. If you don't have a way to calibrate the thermometer, then it is more likely that the reading can be off by as much as 2 or 3 degrees.
Second, I always make sure my thermometer is floating freely in the water. If it's stuck to the glass, or in some way attached to something, then it's not going to give you an accurate reading.
Are digital thermometers more accurate?
Yes, most digital thermometers are more accurate than a glass oral thermometer. This is because most digital thermometers only require that you press the thermometer to the skin, which isn't very likely to change the temperature of the reading.
A glass thermometer requires that you place an object in the child’s mouth, which can dramatically impact the temperature reading. This is because the mouth is warmer and the heat will transfer to the thermometer. For many parents, this can make a glass thermometer a faulty tool.
Luckily, the best digital thermometers for babies are fast, easy to use, and safe. Therefore, it's no surprise that many parents are replacing their old glass thermometers with a digital version.
Are forehead thermometers accurate?
Another aspect of a pet thermometer that needs to be judged when making a selection are the facts regarding the accuracy of the reading. With the old-fashioned glass thermometer, eye-balling the reading was pretty much all you could do. You had to decide how accurate the reading was and how well you understood your cat's normal body temperature.
With a forehead thermometer, you at least get an automatic digital reading. Even so, even though the reading is digital, it's still important to know your cat's normal resting temperature so that you aren't alarmed if the reading is a little higher or lower than the norm.
It's important to judge how fast the thermometer's reading gives you an accurate reading. If your cat is an especially nervous or scared cat, there's a chance that she won't tolerate the thermometer touching her head. You want a thermometer you can use on a normal, healthy cat.
When clipping a normal thermometer to the ear of your cat just isn’t possible, a cat thermometer becomes necessary. We tried to make this guide as long and as comprehensive as possible to cover all the types of cat thermometers available on the market. We hope that you find our top picks for the best pet thermometers useful in making the right buying decision for you and your cat.
Thermometers for cats are an essential component of pet supplies. We have reviewed our top picks for the best pet thermometers, and would like to share them with you.
|AURYNNS Pet Thermometer Dog Thermometer||Best Overall|
|Balacoo Pet Instant Read Digital Thermometer||Budget Pick|
|Pavia Rectal Temp Thermometer||Upgrade Pick|