Given their carnivorous behavior, cats need quite specific nutrition.
Luckily, there are some fantastic cat vitamins on the market these days that can help maintain optimum health and a long cat life.
As an animal lover, questions like what is the best cat vitamins and feline nutritional supplements, or, what should I buy for my cat, can be quite confusing.
The good news is, with the top 10 best cat vitamins in 2022 below, we have compiled a list of not just the best cat vitamins available, but also some important additional info, so that you can figure out which one is best for your pet.
Here’s the deal: whether you are wondering which one to buy for your cat, which to buy for yourself, or you’re interested in finding out what’s the best cat vitamins for kittens, we have the top 10 best cat vitamins for you.
|Liqui-Tinic 4x Flavored Vitamin and Iron Supplement||Best Overall|
|VetriScience Laboratories||Budget Pick|
|Dr. Bill’s Feline Ultimate Fitness & Health||Upgrade Pick|
1. Liqui-Tinic 4x Flavored Vitamin and Iron Supplement
- Convenient, easy, and tasty to give to your pet.
Faster results – With just 2-3 doses a day you can usually see the effects from the first dose, typically within 24 hours. It is a safe and natural supplement to support a healthy coat and no constipation.
2. animaux – nutrients
- This multi-vitamin supplement is made with natural ingredients only.
- It provides all the necessary nutrients that can help you cat with its skin.
- You can save a lot of money with Animaux.
- This product promotes digestive tract health by boosting the immune system as well as the nervous system.
- The problem with all-natural vitamins is that they take a lot longer to be absorbed by the body.
- This all-natural supplement contains no known side effects.
3. Beaphar Top 10 Cat Vitamin 180 Tablets
- L-Lysine free
- 4.5/5 star rating
- Easy to administer in food
Feeding your cat over the age of six months old? This Beaphar Top 10 Cat Vitamin may be a good choice for you.
These vitamins ensure that your cat will have a healthy body with a shiny and soft coat. Some reviewers say that after using them, their cat’s shedding was significantly reduced.
This Beaphar product is thoughtfully made and easy to feed to your cat. The key ingredients are pyridoxine and taurine, which are both essential, among others. Also, they are available in medium sized tablets, which makes it easy to feed to your cat.
4. Cat Vitamins
- Well reviewed
- Comes in a 16oz bottle
You can never go wrong with Spectrin Cat Vitamins. More than just a treatment, Spectrin is also a supplement that will boost your cat’s immune system, coat and eyes.
As I mentioned before, most Vitamins fail to take effect. After a few days or a week, you notice little improvements in your cat’s health, but you don’t know whether or not it is because of the vitamin or because your cat was going to get better in a week anyway.
However, with Spectrin, you will notice results right away because of the fast acting formula. Your cat will feel healthier and happier within the first week itself.
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals needed by cats
- Available in multiple sizes to suit your cat’s needs
- The softgel form allows for easy and effortless administration by opening up the capsule and sprinkling the contents on your cat’s food
- Made in the USA
PetTinic is a feline supplement that is recommended for cats that are skin or hair deficient. It contains critical vitamins, minerals and fatty acids that will help to nourish your cat’s skin and coat.
6. Life Extension Cat Mix
- You can expect your cat to be healthy and active
- It can help prevent hairballs
- It can also reduce stress
- It will encourage a healthy and shiny coat
- It is also highly palatable if you want to 'doctor' it into your cat's food.
- It does not have a pleasant smell
- Some of the ingredients can potentially cause side effects
The Life Extension Vitamin Mix can help your cat to be healthy and active.
It can also help to prevent hairballs and reduce stress.
You can mix it into your cat's food so that they will find it palatable.
7. GNC Pets Ultra Mega Multivitamin Plus
- Available at a great price
- Made by a well known pet brand
- Comes in flavors your cat will love
- Lots of positive customer reviews
So you have a cat, but you don't want to give it the same old baby food every night. Wouldn't it be great to get your cat some vitamins? GNC seems to have your back on that one!
These are excellent vitamins for your cats. They contain no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives; and that is something that I would be willing to feed my cats over any other product. Greenies isn't the only product out there that can get the job done. Instead of trying to fool your cat with a flavor coated in chemicals, give it some good tasting chicken vitamins!
Being a cat owner, you have been looking for the best way to get rid of the fur of your cat. If you don't, your home will be filled with cat hairs. Then you found the Furminator. This is a very popular tool to remove cat fur and your cat loves it.
8. Well & Good Multi Vitamin
- A Trace Mineral Supplement that Helps Keep Teeth and Bone Strong and Healthy
- A Natural Anti-Inflammatory & Antioxidant Formula
- A Balanced Blend of Vitamins, Minerals, and Taurine for Cardiovascular Support
- Provides Calcium and Phosphorus For Strong Healthy Bones
- A Potent Dietary Supplement for Senior Cats
- Can Be Larger Than Most Other Cat Vitamins
- Too Chewy for Those Cats Who Dislike Solid Foods
Alfalfa, vitamins and minerals, chelated trace minerals, phyto-proteins, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants are just a few of the high concentration ingredients that this product contains.
It is recommended that you provide your companion animals this vitamin on a daily basis — when they are still eating on their own and after that as a treat or reward.
By providing your companion animal with this supplement on a regular basis. You can provide nutritional support for healthy teeth, bone, blood, and joint function, heart function, and inflammatory response.
9. Nutri-Treats, Chewable Cat Vitamin Supplements
- Very affordable
- A good antioxidant product
- My cat did get a very bad yeast infection from taking these and I had to get a prescription from the vet to get it to go away
- It made his stool a brighter color than normal
10. Pet Naturals of Vermont
Pet Naturals of Vermont prides itself on being the easiest company to do business with. They also offer a guarantee that they will refund or replace any item for any reason.
We were happy to see that their packaging design matches their holistic mission.
11. Well & Good Multi Vitamin
- Easy to administer
- Reasonably priced
- Available at 60 ct
- Cats might not like the taste of it
- Some cats might not like the flavor
Well & Good Multi Vitamin for Cats is an all natural, vitamin formula that is based on lamb, tuna, cod liver, and herring oil. It gives your cats the nutrients they need to live a healthy and happy life.
One packet is enough to fill your cat’s tummy for a whole month. This saves you your time and the time of your cat to administer it.
The Well & Good Multi Vitamin for Cats also comes with a small amount of DHA which is good fat. FYI: cats already get Vitamin A, E, and so they don’t need it in the supplement
12. Pet Multivitamin Powder
- Super convenient to mix with your pet’s wet food
- It’s soft and tasty, so even finicky cats seem to love it
- You have to refrigerate this product
- Some users have said they didn’t notice any significant improvements in their pet’s health
Pet parents of all kinds are raving about VETiX Vitamin Powder for Dogs and Cats. Here are a few of the reasons why this product is a big hit.
You can easily sprinkle your pet’s food with this product without them even knowing. It’s so convenient, and your pet is sure to love it.
Minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and enzymes — your pet gets all of them in one complete package with VETiX Minerals and Enzymes.
13. Rx Vitamins Essentials
- All ingredients are natural
- Not too many or too few vitamins in each serving
Vitamins are very important to pets in order to maintain a healthy body. Cats do not need as high of levels of vitamins as some dogs do, but they do require some to maintain their health and their body functions.
Taking a cat vitamin that is made with natural ingredients, according to the vet instructions, will help your cat maintain a healthy body throughout their life.
14. VetriScience Laboratories
- Easy to Chew Tablets
- Guaranteed Analysis
- Trace Elements
- Antioxidant Protection
- Contains Antioxidants to Help Delay Aging
- Contains Antioxidants to Help Promote Healthy Skin and Coat
- Contains Selenium for the Cat’s Immune System
- Contains the Amino Acid L-Carnitine to Promote Healthy Cardiovascular Function
- VetriScience Labs is a Pet Parent Favorite Brand
- The Price Is Reasonable For a Vet Recommended Product
15. Only Natural Pet All-Natural Feline Holistic Ultimate Daily Multi-Vitamin Plus Cat Formula Essential Vitamins and Minerals Pet Supplement
- A healthy and balanced diet is important for a cat’s life
- Best for older cats
- Easy to administer, the product is eaten directly
- Chewable tablets
- Can cause constipation; you may need to add additional fiber into their diet
- Supplementation is not always enough for good health
This item is a highly rated product to help your cat with allergies, stomach health, joint health, skin health, and much more. Many customers noted plenty of improvements in mood, energy, and appetite in older cats, though younger ones as well, after taking the vitamins.
Older cats become more picky about what they eat as they age. Perhaps the taste of the vitamin is stronger and preferred by older cats over their food. I noticed plenty of reviews about older cats gaining weight. One could assume that is directly related to the taste of the vitamins being stronger than the food.
This is not a replacement for a healthy diet, but in addition to it. As cats age, their diets must be supplemented with vitamins to remain healthy. From our research, this is most likely the best cat vitamin brand for you.
16. Makondo Pets Multivitamin
- This is a very good product at an affordable price
- It gives you peace of mind that you are looking after your pet’s health by giving them the necessary vitamins
- Pet owners who have purchased this product have said how much they enjoy their pet’s energetic and playful nature and are very happy with the results.
- One user said that although they did not provide much energy, they did help their aging pets to recover from some back problems better than the previous brand they used, and their hair grew back beautifully.
Organic Vitamins for Your Pet.
I have recently started using these Vitamins on both of my cats and they have reacted very well to them. I haven’t noticed a huge change with their pawing at the ground but I have noticed more of their hair has grown back from when it was long. They show their improvement daily with their less-sick days, healthier skin and fur, more energy, interested in food again, and more.
I would say that this product does work. I have two cats that have been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. They are both on medication but I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to, not cure their condition, but help it the best I could.
17. Natural Pet Daily Multi
- No artificial color, flavor or fragrance
- Made in the USA
- Large Cat formula is made from 100% high quality natural ingredients
- While most formulas have huge amounts of dyes, these do not
- Cats absolutely love the taste!
- The taste can be too strong for some cats
- Big Cat is natural but is not free of fillers such as corn. This is not a huge issue, but those who don’t want corn in their vitamins will want to look elsewhere
- Only comes in one flavor, fish
If your cat has any nutritional issues, this is the formula for them. These chewable tablets are made from top quality ingredients that you can actually pronounce; we are talking pure meat, liver, and fish.
Many of the other cat vitamins on the market have added dyes, salt, artificial flavorings, and ton of fillers. These Chewable Multivitamins for Cats are intentionally made without these unhealthy fillers.
As mentioned by the manufacturer, these are made in a GMP certified facility and are made of 100% natural ingredients. Let’s take a look at some of the ingredients in these vitamins:
18. VetriScience Laboratories
- Helps prevent the loss of skin elasticity
- Supports liver function
- Good for muscle maintenance
- Contains Prohydrolase, which positively influences the formation of collagen which is vital for tissue integrity, and may help to strengthen a cat’s skin
- Preserves the B-vitamin status in senior cats which helps to preserve and maintain the immune system and also helps to maintain the health of the cells
- Help support a cat’s psychological well-being
VetriScience NuCat Senior MultiVitamin for Cats contains a blend of vitamins and minerals to help support the overall health of your senior cat. It is formulated with a unique blend of antioxidants including Prohydrolase, which has been shown to positively influence the formation of collagen to help support the health of your cat’s skin.
Consumers say this product improves the elasticity in older cat’s skin, and improves the texture of their hair. It has also shown to help support the liver and muscle function for senior cats.
19. Dr. Bill’s Feline Ultimate Fitness & Health
20. Pfizer Animal Pet-Tinic Vitamin-Mineral Supplement
Pfizer has been producing high-quality pet supplements for female and male dogs and cats since 1919. The company has had a long and successful career focused solely on being a provider of excellent pet care products.
The little pill here is a multivitamin-mineral supplement that is designed to help with the health of your pet’s urinary tract and digestive system. This product is designed for use in dogs and cats of all ages and was made with the specific intention of helping pets of all species deal with the typical and sometimes difficult issues that they face with regard to urinary and digestive health.
The way this pill works is by acting as an aid your pet’s body in absorbing calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. Like with all multivitamin-minerals, the use of a supplement such as this can help supplement a pet’s diet. If there is something missing in your pet’s diet that is crucial for proper digestion, absorption of nutrients, or the urinary system, then this pill can help in a great way.
21. All-in-One Dog & Cat Probiotics
- All-natural and GMO free
- A convenient chewable tablet perfect for cats and dogs
- Chewable tablets make it easy to administer without water
I highly recommend using SIMIEN Pure for those who are looking for a high-quality product. If you’re interested in seeing the SIMIEN Pure in action, check out this video of pet owners.
22. VetriScience Laboratories
- Vet Recommended
- Good for senior cats
- Easy to digest
- Perfect for cats with a sensitive stomach
This is a great senior cat vitamin. It has many of the nutrients cats will need as they get older. It is easy for cats to digest. It has a yummy chicken flavor that they will love!
Tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid. It is one of the unique nutrients found in cat food. It is needed to create proteins but is also available in digestion. When tyrosine combines with phenolic compounds, they then have the ability to transform into the liver enzyme Trimethylamine N-oxide, or TMAO, which then leads to the development of kidney disease. Cats on a tyrosine-rich diet are at risk of developing kidney disease. So when you are picking out a cat vitamin be sure to check the ingredients for tyrosine and look for a non-tyrosine alternative.
23. NaturVet – VitaPet Senior Daily Vitamins
- 60 softgels available
- 30-day supply
- Contains some artificial ingredients
- Cats may not like the flavored softgels
This vet-recommended supplement includes all the vitamins cats need in daily life, such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E, plus other nutrients like chondroitin and glucosamine to build strong quality joints. The soft, flavored chews are ideal for cat owners who have difficulty administering liquid vitamins to their pets.
When it comes to a high quality, pet supplement, NaturVet VitaPet Senior Soft Tabs are a great place to start. NaturVet, America’s trusted name in pet supplements, has worked meticulously with vets to develop a special vitamin formulated specifically for senior, over-the-age cats, complete with a proprietary blend of antioxidants to maintain the body’s natural defenses.
24. Vital Planet
- The correct nutrients your cats need
- No artificial ingredients or by-products
- Must be mixed with wet food to be palatable
- Expensive compared to other flavours
Are you worried about getting the correct nutrients that your cat needs? If so you should give Vital Planet Vital Cat Powder a try.
This is a controversial supplement but it has proven that it can get a cat to request more food, and it can stimulate activity.
You will need to check with your vet to make sure it is right for your cat. This is an all natural product that includes taurine, l-carnitine, and L-glutamine. All of these additives are linked to increased activity.
25. Hartz Chicken Flavored Soft Chews
- Available in a 90 count bottle
- A great way to introduce vitamins to a cat that may be picky
- Not easily available in all stores
- May give some cats indigestion
Feeding your cat vitamins is an important part of cat health. Although commercial cat food already provides many necessary vitamins and minerals, you should try to supplement your cat's diet with vitamins to keep them healthy.
Many cats have very fussy eaters, and if you are the owner of one of these finicky cats, a soft chew that resembles a piece of food may be the best way to provide them with a bit of extra nutrition.
These wormy looking treats are slimy on the outside, and when your cat goes to lick it, they will be shocked by the chicken flavor it leaves on their tongue. Some cats seem to like the texture, and savor the wormy taste, while others quickly tire of the flavor and refuse to eat it again.
26. Zoeez Naturals Multi-Bites Supplement
- Gluten-free and nutritionally designed
- Comes in seafood flavor
- Now available for cats of all ages
- The package description states that the condition of your cat’s fur, paw health, and overall eyesight can prove beneficial to its overall health
If you are looking for some of the best vitamins for your cat, then I highly recommend the Zoeez Naturals Multi-Bites Supplement for Cats: Daily Multivitamin for Cats with Vitamins, Minerals & Omega Oils | Chewable Cat Vitamin (Seafood Flavor), 30 Chews. Their vitamins are considered to be a top rated vitamin for cats.
The box states that these vitamins have a seafood flavor that your cat can not resist. Also, the product description says that cats can benefit from increased fur/paw health, as well as overall eyesight.
Many cats have allergies and they are not going to like the taste of their food if your cat is suffering from this condition. Tell me what cat in their right mind would resist a seafood flavor?
27. HUGS & KISSES Warren Eckstein's Vitamin Mineral Supplement Treat
- Provides complete daily nutritional support for cats
- The calories are high in healthy fats, which is important for building the immune system in cats
- High quality and palatable
- Contains natural ingredients
- Great for adult cats
- The treats come in 4 oz. bags, and they can last a month
This supplement is created by Warren Eckstein with the goal of providing your cat all of the nutrients that he needs for a great quality of life. These vitamins are a great choice for cats that are eaters. They are made using ingredients that your cat would find in his natural, outdoor environment. The cats will enjoy the great taste of these vitamins. Most of them devour this treat from the start.
Since it has antioxidants, vitamins, zinc, and fatty acids that help promote a healthy metabolism, this is a great choice for healthy cats that are fed premium high quality commercial food.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best vitamins for cats?
While it may sound silly, vitamins really can help keep your kitties in good health. Indeed, felines’ dietary needs are very different from dogs or humans (or any other pet for that matter).
When choosing the right cat vitamins, there are a number of factors to consider. For instance, will they eat the food on their own or will you need to sprinkle the vitamins onto food or hide them as treats? Some pets require daily supplementation, while others only need it three times a week. Some vitamins are made for small breeds and kittens, while others are for older cats.
Another important element to consider is quality. While not all vitamins are created equal, those that are usually contain the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) of nutrients for felines. By contrast, many cheaper brands contain very little of the nutrients your pet needs.
What are the best quality vitamin brands?
We did our best to choose the best brands and have this guide list the best supplements for your pets. Now, it is up to you to decide which brand is best for your pet (and your pocket).
This is another reason why it is important to read reviews of products instead of trusting brand names. The review can show how well the product works for certain users and if the composition of the supplement is quality. If you are looking for the best quality vitamins, then you will want to pay attention to the source and forms of magnesium and also to how many and what types of vitamins are included.
Should I give my cat vitamins?
Giving your cat vitamins that are specifically formulated for cats is recommended for a few different health reasons. First, it can help to support your cat's immune system, especially if your cat is susceptible to certain illnesses or keeps getting sick despite routine wormings.
The recommended dose is the same for all adult and senior cats, regardless of their size or level of activity. One or two small capsules (1/2 tsp) should be taken every day to help support your cat's joints, eyes, skin, brain, and immune system health.
It's recommended that vitamin supplements be added to your cat's daily diet because natural, regular food alone can't possibly meet the cat's needs.
How can I boost my cat's immune system?
Providing your pet with the appropriate nutrients can strengthen its immune system and help reduce the risk of common illnesses in two ways. First, a nutrient-rich diet reduces the risk of your cat developing a deficiency, which might cause the immune system to be less effective than it could be. Second, a balanced diet that includes all the nutrients that the body needs to function can provide a regular supply of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that help our bodies to fight off illness.
Now you have a clearer picture about what to look out for when choosing a high-quality cat food or a vitamin for your pet.
Remember, our list is a starting point to help you narrow down your options, but it’s important to do your own research and come up with a final product that contains all the elements you’re looking for.
Vitamins can be a powerful ally for your pet’s health and happiness. Now go read some reviews and find out what vitamin is the best fit for your furry companion.
|Liqui-Tinic 4x Flavored Vitamin and Iron Supplement||Best Overall|
|VetriScience Laboratories||Budget Pick|
|Dr. Bill’s Feline Ultimate Fitness & Health||Upgrade Pick|