My cat, Chris, loves toys. I’m not sure if she thinks of herself as a mighty hunter, or just a bored, indoor cat. Whatever the case, she’s been known to steal my iPad, my remotes, and every last toy from the toy bin, and drag them all around the house. One of her favorites is the laser pointer, but my wallet didn’t love the price of replacements.
That’s why I was particularly interested in the UrbanPet Solaris Interactive Laser Light Show Set. I’ve included it in this list of the best electronic cat toys.
If you’re serious about providing your cat with the best toys, you might consider one of these fun toys.
|Our Pets Play-N-Squeak Mouse Hunter Cat Toy||Best Overall|
|SmartyKat, Hum Singer||Budget Pick|
|POPETPOP Interactive Cat Toy||Upgrade Pick|
1. Our Pets Play-N-Squeak Mouse Hunter Cat Toy
- The mouse moves erratically, so your cat is less likely to catch bored of the toy
- You must purchase one or two additional batteries if you want it to work longer than 15 minutes
- Might be less appealing to high-energy cats
The Mice Cat Toy is one of the best cat toys on the market because it entertains your cat while teaching him to not be so rough with his toys.
The two-pack comes with a small mouse, which is ideal for indoor play, and a larger mouse for outdoor play. The outer coating is made of plastic and arranged in a way that when brushed by a cat’s paw, it lets out a squeak that resembles that of a mouse scurrying away.
The ideal place for the mouse to reside is on top of a piece of furniture or a cat-scratching post. So when your cat jumps around the house, it will make the mouse squeak, which will intrigue your cat even more and encourage him to play.
2. Catit Design Senses Super Roller Circuit Toy
- Simple construction of cardboard tubes, which makes it easy to set up
- Bring out the hunter instinct is some cats
- Recommended for older cats who enjoy chasing things
- Some cats can completely destroy this toy
- May be difficult to use for a cat who likes to go beneath the bed
Cats like us to play with them, especially when we are home. The problem is that sometimes we are not home when they need this special attention. The Catit Design Senses super circuit toy for cats provides a perfect solution to this. It is a set of tubes connected by ramps that cause hidden items to move about as the cat plays with it.
One cat owner says that their cat went crazy for this toy when they first got it. She spent hours and hours playing with it. They also say that their cat loved it so much that it was even fun to watch.
3. Yvelife Cat Laser Toy Automatic,Interactive Toy
- Fun for both cats and dogs
- Bright colours
- USB charging
- Rechargeable batteries
- 5 patterns
- For indoor use only
- Can only be used when plugged into a power
This laser toy is probably the best electronic choice for both cats and dogs. It is a colourful, interactive toy with a 5 patterns settings, activates automatically, USB charging and is silent.
With moderate reviews comparing this to a previous model. With many positive reviews from owners and cats.
4. SmartyKat Hot Pursuit Cat Toy Concealed Motion Toy
- Cat won’t be able to destroy this durable toy
- Makes a decent amount of noise
- Can be utilized by multiple cats at once
Boredom in cats is a serious issue, causing cats to get up to all kinds of trouble. With smarter searches for fun, the Hot Pursuit does just that. Cats are naturally curious and athletic, so this toy gives them a chance to play with their intelligence.
This multi-level toy can really keep your cat busy. With its spinning motion, random bursts, and ever changing loops and tracks, there’s no wonder why cats love it so much.
The best cat toys for active cats is the one that is the most challenging. This ball is a design that will keep cats engaged for hours on end. Not only will your cat be entertained but it will also keep him or her fit with all of its running around.
5. HEXBUG Deluxe Nano Cat Toy Pack Plus Remote Control
- The four included mice are larger than an actual mouse and are very soft on the inside
- Added mirrors makes it a fun creature for your cat
- Remote control makes it so you don’t lose track of what your cat is playing with
- The feet of the mice tend to get a bit flat after a few weeks
- The lifespan of the batteries can be a bit questionable at times
Have hours of fun with the adorable, durable, and responsive HEXBUG®. Mice, Spider, and Frogs can be controlled with the included remote control to entertain and interact with your cat.
6. PetDroid Boltz Motion Activated Cat Laser Toy Automatic,USB Rechargeable Battery/Fast and Slow Random Pattern
- The incredible reviews. Those who have bought it say it is the best toy they have ever bought for their cats
- It will help you give your cat some exercise without you having to play with it
- It can be used as a night light, helping cats feel more secure during dark times
Interactive LED Cat Toys for Dogs and Cats,5M.
This product is an automatic laser pointer, which can give your cat an automatic random pattern, flashing light and automatic random on/off. It can also help your cat getting exercise and playing and having fun playing with it.
It gives the illusion of a mouse running around in the dark, and your cat can spend hours trying to catch it. It is great to get your cat exercise, and also helps it stay alert and healthy.
7. Friends Forever Interactive Laser Cat Toy
- Love the colors of this product
- This product is pet-friendly, and some cats just love playing with the laser toy
- The price is just right for all the features it has
- It may be hard to press the button at first, but that’s a good thing because the cat has to work at pressing it
- The laser is very bright even in well-lit areas
- The button doesn’t always work the first time so you might have to press it a few times
In today’s world, electronic gadgets are all the rage, and it’s safe to say that cats aren’t far behind on the technology front. Several companies have released laser pointer toys that hold the interest of cats for hours.
This is a laser pointer that automatically rotates so up to 3 cats can play with it at once. As well, it has 3 different play modes – fast and slow chase mode, and automatic rotation and automatic light. This automatic rotating laser pointer toy makes such a wonderful gift for cats, but it does run on batteries.
8. Newest Cat Laser toy,Upgraded Interactive Tumbler Laser Toys
- 3 timer settings
- 3 different speeds
- Irregular circle patterns
- This is very easy to use, and the laser is very bright
Overall, this is 100% a great toy and I would recommend this to a friend. It is easy to use and the cats love it. With indoor cats, this is a great toy for them to play with so they can get their exercise.
9. Pet Qwerks Cat Babble Ball
- Great interactive cat toy
- The built-in motor and sound button can be used both for play and training
This product is a totally unique and interactive cat toy that will help provide your feline friend with plenty of entertainment and fun.
The cat babble ball is made with no plastic hence eco-friendly and is made to be durable and safe for your cat.
The catnip infused, interactive cat toy comes in three colors: gray, yellow and pink. It features a built-in motor and sound button for play or training fun.
10. SereneLife Automatic Cat Laser Toy
- If you ever wanted to do the whole dog laser-pointer thing, but with a cat (as you do), then this is the toy for you.
- The fact that it has no moving parts means that you can leave your cat alone with it at night without worrying too much about them breaking it.
- Your cat will go completely nuts for this thing. That’s not an exaggeration.
- More than just a laser pointer, this thing has a whole host of different ways to tease your cat.
This new cat toy is a bit different to what you’ve probably seen before.
Instead of being just a laser pointer, this device has 3 different options: a red light (laser), a white light, and a blue light.
Lasers give your cat something to chase, while lights help them to stalk their prey.
11. PetDroid Boltz Robotic Cat Toy Interactive,Attached
- Hours of fun with this automatic toy
- Provides exercise for a pet cat
- Comes at an exceptionally reasonable price point
- Beggars can’t be choosers, and in this case beggars get 3 recharges, as opposed to the 4 promised by the manufacturer.
- A cat automatic interactive robotic toy amuses your pet to no end as they “hunt” the electronic mouse.
This robotic cat toy comes with 4 rechargeable batteries, a light sensor that activates toys during playtime, and a memory mode for each cat. The first unit ships with 3 recharges.
12. SmartyKat, Hum Singer
- For indoor use only
- Packed with interactive features
- It lasts for awhile on a single set of batteries
- Just needs a set of batteries
- Has a second interaction where your cat can chase the hummingbird around the room
- Some cats get bored of the toy
- There may be no noise, which is too bad for some people
- Some people feel it is too loud
Buyers report that their cats spend a lot of time interacting with the 3-in-1 Hummingbird cat toy. It comes with a set of 3 extra feathers and a pack of catnip.
The feathers are attached to the cat toy where a moving ball of feathers makes it look like the toy is dancing and fluttering. After the cat becomes familiar with moving the toy, there is an automatic timer that goes berserk, causing the feathers to move and buzz.
13. PETBIA Interactive Cat Toy
- Automatic cat toy
- Great for cats of all ages
- Rotating pop-up feature
- Electronic gadgets are great stress relievers for cats
- Needs 4 AA batteries
- Feathers will likely need to be replaced frequently (kit included)
- Must be installed and set up properly or it will scratch your furniture
If you have a cat, you know they need toys to keep them going, to keep them distracted, and to keep them healthy. One of the most popular, and most convenient, toys you can get your kitty is one that runs on its own so you don’t have to be there all the time to keep your cat amused, engaged, and active. As well, you can set the timer on and leave the house for hours, not worrying that they’re bored. For these reasons, an automatic toy for your cat will be a great investment for you.
14. 2020 New Upgraded Cat Laser Toy Cat Toys Interactive 2 in 1 Automatic Cat Toy Moving Feather Toy Cat Interactive Toys Auto Rotating Light Multiple Feather Hangings 3 Ways to Play
- The feather design is visually pleasing
- Cats enjoy chasing feathers
- Many positive reviews
- The device is cheap
- It runs on 2 AA batteries
- Not the best material
- The feathers may fall out
This automated cat toy is a combination of a feather and a laser pointer. It is made of plastic and ABS, and features a seven-battery powered activated laser pointer and a feather teaser, making your cat chase the feather when the laser pointer is activated.
The key part of the cat teaser is that it is safe and harmless, and the laser pointer point will automatically shut off after 5 minutes of continuous play.
The feather incorporates some features that are attractive to cats such as a shiny ribbon and is made of colorful, vital, and harmless plumes.
15. YVE LIFE Robotic Interactive Cat Feather Toys
- Simple Put-together Assembly
- Interesting Features
- User Friendly Control
- Battery Operated
- Low Cost
- It is not rechargeable
- Depending on how it is cut, it is possible that the yarn will come loose from where it is attached to the device.
I am sure a lot of pet owners will be surprised at just how much fun their cat will get out of this unique little device. I was impressed with many of its features, not to mention the fact that it is a lot of fun for the owners.
16. Zenes Cat Toys
- Fun for your cat
- The replacement wings are a nice touch
- 2-in-1 toy
The toy is a butterfly that can rotate and flap its wing. It also attracts the attention of animals with lights from its antennae at night. In the day, you can choose to turn off the lights or keep them on. It also has button replacement wings.
The toy also comes with feathers. The feathers around the head and tail are the right length. They are not so long that they can be hurt if the cat tries to carry them. The other feathers are just long enough to attract the paw. The toy has two ways to play. It can work automatically to play with the cat. There is also a way to control the toy. The on-off switch, the wing switch, and the dial are at the bottom.
This product is great for any cat-loving home. It can provide the entertainment of a brilliant, colorful, winged butterfly without having to sacrifice any space in your home. It is also great for those who just want to relax. Just sit back, relax, and watch as your cat interacts with the toy. It is guaranteed to keep your cat entertained for hours.
17. WINGPET Interactive Cat Toys Electronic
- 3 Modes of Entertainment
- Motion Activated
- Fun Automatic Tail on the Worm
- Built in LED Lights Creates A Nice Interest For Your Cats
- Batteries Included
- Catnip Included
- The sound isn’t very loud
- Some users do not think the worm tail seems role-play-like
- The rotating feature can sometimes be a bit scarey for some cats
The WINGPET Interactive Cat Toys Electronic is one of the few electronic cat toys that use a motion sensor to activate the toy. its moving tail effectively attracts and stimulates your cat's attention. Its tail wiggles and its body rolls, enticing your cat into play time.
Although it's a little quiet, the WINGPET Interactive Cat Toys Electronic has added LED lights to help to animate the toy and make it more interesting to watch.
As with the motion feature, most cats will love the light feature as well. The rotating feature isn’t too fast or aggressive. It will slowly roll and move around the best it can while the cat bats at it, or naps, as the case may be.
18. Pawaboo Cat Toy
19. WINGPET Interactive Cat Toys 2 Speed Mode
- It has two levels of speed of rotation, cat can choose freely
- Made from durable, lightweight plastic, Energy-Saving and Safe
- The feather ball stick can also rotate automatically
- The track is transparent for cats to follow the feather ball
- With 500mAh battery, it can work for 1 hour continuously.
- Unique Design-Funny & Intelligent
- Feather ball runs out fast. Needs to be replaced
- Many customers say run time is a bit less than advertised
Although the complaint of cat toy is the battery life is not quite good, most of the customers highly recommend this toy for the cats. The materials are of good quality and the action is quite engaging for cats. They don’t need to chase a laser or something that is all over the place.
20. Interactive Cat Toys Ball Best Smart Cat Interactive Toys Automatic Self-Rotating and USB Rechargeable LED Light Cat Electronic Toy Ball
- Three switches on the bottom allow you to adjust the settings
- USB rechargeable
- The ball itself rotates which it especially engaging for cats
- There are three buttons on the bottom, 2 of which adjust the settings and the third resets it
- The ball becomes increasingly harder for the cat to figure out which makes it very fun for the cat
- It moves randomly rather than directly to the cat which keeps them on their toes
- There are three buttons on the bottom which include:
- A mode button, a training button, and a "reset" button
- These buttons can be reprogrammed to allow the user to customize the way the toy works
- They are reasonably priced and are a great treat for your cat
21. YOFUN Smart Interactive Cat Toy
- LED lights do wake up kittens
- USB rechargeable with low power consumption
- Fast and responsive
- Doesn’t make that much of a mess
- Does not provide many challenges to keep kitty’s attention
The Yofun Smart Interactive Cat Ball is a little different from the other cat toys listed above. While most of the others focus on keeping your cats attention on the ball, this one lights up and spins to provide a source of entertainment.
The ball has a sizable weight to it. It’s loud rolling around, or getting batted around, will certainly wake up your kitty in the morning. The lights and sounds are fun and stimulating. But, if you’re the primary user of the ball, you may find it’s a little underwhelming. At least in the way it keeps your cat’s attention.
What you’re getting is a (pretty quiet) cat toy with lights and sounds. It’ll delight your kittens, but it’s not something you’ll find yourself using as much as a teaser toy.
22. POPETPOP Interactive Cat Toy
- A good selection of amusing sounds, lights, and speeds
- Easy to use and clean
- Works well for left- and right-pawed cats
- Needs batteries
- On/off switch seems to be the most fragile part of the toy
The POPETPOP will provide your cat with hours of entertainment and fun. The rotating 360-degree mouse and scratching pad add up to an "all activity" toy to keep anyone (young and old) entertained for hours.
This toy offers stimulating fun! There are a great number of things that your cat can do besides pouncing, chasing, and batting of the moving mouse.
With two different speeds, you can select the speed that best suits your cat.
23. SmartyKat, Twirly Top
- Helps Cats Focus Their Energy
- Great For Interactive Games
- Encourages Healthy Playtime
- Great For The Feline Mind
- Safe For Cats
- Shedding Helper
- May Be Annoying To Humans
- Can Get Tangled
This electronic cat toy has 6 twirly ribbons that dance back and forth with fun changes in speed and directions.
At the center of this toy is a rubbery ball which creates movement and sound.
One of the most important features that make this cat toy so great for your kitty is the twirly ribbons. Cats are naturally curious animals, and if they see something moving around in front of them, it’s very difficult for their curiosity not to get the best of them. The constant movement and twirling draws their attention and gets them to play.
24. YUEJING Cat Toy Ball Upgraded
- Great for cats with anxiety
- Improved design is great for cats with a little more experience
- It is not the most durable
- Cats can outgrow this toy
This version of the toy has some design improvements. It comes in an updated and more durable case that doesn’t take as much abuse as it’s predecessor. It also has a more visible capture ball that allows for more lasting fun.
It is still inexpensive enough to replace as your cat outgrows it. It is a great way to keep your cat active and out of trouble as it seeks out the ball.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best interactive cat toy?
The best product will be suitable for whatever purpose you seek it for. If you just want to buy an interactive toy to keep your cat active, then any of the products above should be appropriate. If you are looking for something to help your cat lose weight, then we recommend checking out the CatFit Weight Control Cat Toy which can be found on Amazon.
However if you are looking for the best cat product for scratching, hunting, and more the we recommend the Cat Actives Hunting Wand and Mouse Interaction Toy. This interactive cat toy combines the use of catnip, grooming, food, and toys to create a complex experience that enhances cat health.
What are the best cat toys to buy?
Just like children, our cats love toys. Unlike children, however, we can provide our feline friends with a never-ending supply of cat toys. Choosing the best cat toy isn’t a simple task, however. According to our research, there are about 10 categories of cat toys and probably close to 100 different toys within those categories. To make things even more complicated, some categories overlap and some toys are used in multiple categories.
This chapter, along with our other cat toys chapter, will help you decide which toys best fit your needs. Specifically we'll cover the best laser pointers and balls, best wand toys, best dog toys, best interactive toys, best skitter toys, best mouse toys, best catnip toys, and best cat scratchers.
Is it bad to use a laser pointer with cats?
The good news is that it is perfectly fine to use a laser pointer with cats. The bad news is that they can kill them.
Most cat owners are well aware of how addictive these little red dots can be for cats. Cats chasing these red dot pointers for hours and even attempting to eat them is a common sight.
That is why it comes as a surprise to many cat owners when they learn the bad news about lasers and cats: laser pointers can kill your cat.
How terrible right? I mean after all, they are supposed to be good for cats, not the other way around. The thing is that, while they can be bad, they most certainly don’t have to be.
The important thing to realize about red beam pointers is that they are dangerous for cats in direct line of exposure when they are on.
What are the 10 needs of a cat?
Our favorite indoor cat toys used to be laser pointers, a food dispensing toy, or a crinkle toy but these days, we look for our favorite toys more specific to a cat's needs. We want to also consider the benefits it will give to their overall health and well-being.
There are 10 main needs that a normal cat has and the things that will make a cat happy are the things that help fulfill them. These needs are:
- Exercise and Playtime
- Naptime and Bedtime
- Water and Fountains
- Socialization and Bonding
- Litter Box
Here are some of the best electronic cat toys on the market that are guaranteed to keep your little fur ball entertained.
All the products here were chosen for a number of reasons – high customer satisfaction, quality, fun, and durability. I’m sure you’ll be able to find something your cat will love when you take a look at this eclectic list.
Before you get out some extra batteries though, there are some tips you need to be aware of so that you don’t waste your money on an electronic cat toy that your cat will absolutely hate.
|Our Pets Play-N-Squeak Mouse Hunter Cat Toy||Best Overall|
|SmartyKat, Hum Singer||Budget Pick|
|POPETPOP Interactive Cat Toy||Upgrade Pick|