Just like carpet cleaners for humans, you get a huge range of different options for pet carpet cleaners. They are all designed to be powerful enough to keep your carpets looking fresh and clean, even if you have pets. Some in particular are the best pet carpet cleaners for those furry friends you can’t imagine living without.
Whether you want the most convenient pet carpet cleaner, the best carpet cleaning machine for pets, or the best auto carpet shampooer, we’ve got you covered for both carpet cleaners for pet stains, and pet specific carpet cleaners.
|Carbona 2 in 1 Oxy-Powered Pet Stain||Best Overall|
|Bissell Pet Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner||Budget Pick|
|Whip-It Odor Bully Instant Odor Neutralizer Spray||Upgrade Pick|
1. Carbona 2 in 1 Oxy-Powered Pet Stain
- Unique blend of Stain & Odor removers and odor eliminators
- The enzymes in the product are particularly good for treating odors
- Works on old or fresh stains
- Contains no bleach or solvents, and will not hurt your pet or destroy the carpet
- Gets the enzymes in the product down deep to eliminate long-lasting stains and stubborn odors
- Safe to use around all pets and family members
- Safe for use in high-traffic areas
- Can be used on fabrics and hard, ceramic surfaces
- A little smelly
- You need to be careful mixing it with other cleaners
- Some reviewers have said the product is too expensive
This product is a two in one cleaner. It will not only remove stains and odors from your carpet but will also make it smell fresh and clean.
Carbona 2-in-1 Oxy-Powered Pet Stain, Pack of 2 is a powerful formula that will take stains and odors out of your carpet effectively and easily. This product is completely safe to use, with no harmful chemicals or dangerous vapors. It is also chemical inexpensive.
2. Woolite INSTAclean Permanent Pet Stain Remover
- Works effectively to eliminate stain odors
- Works on both mild and tough pet odors
- Efficiently deep cleans your carpets
- * Does not work as well as others in really tough stains
This is without a doubt the best pet stain remover you will find in the market. The product is known to contain odor eliminating cleaning ingredients that help remove both the pet odor from your carpets as well as odors caused by food, drinks, and other incidental incidents.
It is easy to use and the instructions are clear.
3. Resolve Ultra Pet Stain & Odor Remover Spray
- Effectively attacks and removes urine, vomit, diarrhea and feces stains and odors
- Controlled absorption, releases nutrient into the carpet over many hours
- Safe on all carpets, rugs and upholstery
- Also removes tough pet stains and odors from other surfaces including: pet beds, pet crates, children's toys and furniture
- Effective as a urine remover on hard floors including concrete and tile
- Safe on children's pet toys
- Available at most pet stores
If you have pets, you know about stains. Whether it's from your dog, cat or even rabbit, there's always going to be some type of pet stain to deal with.
If you want to remove a stain, you've got to know one thing. The majority of stains will be best removed with an enzyme-based pet stain remover.
Bacteria and enzymes actually digest the organic waste matter and break it down into molecules small enough for you to easily remove with some water.
4. Bissell Professional Power Shot Oxy Carpet Spot
This carpet cleaners spray is meant for pet stains. It is able to remove pet-based stains like urine and vomit thanks to its Oxygen-drying action. It is a very fast spray that will get the job done quickly. It is very easy to spray on the stain, it will disappear as fast as it was made. It is only effective on one shot clean up.
The Oxy Carpet and Grout cleaner is a great product, but it is not the best carpet cleaner for pet stains. It also does not do carpet cleaning at all. It might remove some stains but it is not meant for carpet. If you have a carpet that has pet stains then you should get a carpet cleaner that is completely dedicated to cleaning it.
5. Resolve Pet Carpet Cleaner Powder
- Can be applied to carpet and fabric upholstery
- Contains no dyes, perfumes, bleaches, or enzymes
- It does not leave discsoloration or iridescence on carpet
- Can be used for cleaning pet urine
6. ANGRY ORANGE Ready-to-Use Citrus Pet Odor Eliminator Pet Spray
- A neat spray bottle that lets you spray it over specific spots
- Made to catch the airborne ammonia aerosol particles and to eliminate them
- Works instantly on both dog and cat odours
- Gets rid of pet odour effectively
- Environmentally friendly
- Comes with a money back guarantee
- While the lavender scent is pleasant, it may not completely mask the odour
- The spray bottle doesn’t spray a fine mist. It sprays as one large stream.
If you’re tired of the smell of pet urine in your carpet ruining the ambiance of your house, this is the solution you were looking for! If only you could put your pet in a washing machine and then vacuum that bad smell right off, this would be a great solution. Well, in a way you can now. This spray bottle is specifically for pet odours and it will take care of the source of the odour, no matter if you’re using it in a carpet, on an upholstered piece of furniture or on a bedspread.
7. Spot Shot WD-40 Prof Instant Carpet Stain Remover
- 100% biodegradable and easy to clean up
- Great for removing any pet stains
- A pet stain remover that solves odor as well
- Some users have reported that this liquid can be a bit strong to the eye and skin
- May stain carpets if left long enough
Spot Shot Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator is a stain remover that is for pet owners particular dedicated for carpet cleaning.
The stain remover is very easy to use: spray your carpets until your pet’s stain starts soaking into the carpet, then, with a brush machine, scrub in circular motion until the stain is removed using a vacuum to clean it however.
Spot Shot Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator is also a very cheap car & pet stain remover, so that you do not have to worry about ruining your carpet because of it.
8. Carpet Fresh No Vacuum Foam Carpet Refresher
- Works well at removing pet odors
- Effective at cleaning up stains
- No need to scrub much for deep stains
- The instructions are sketchy
- The stain removing power of the product can depend on whether or not you put enough on the carpet to cover the stain.
- The mop head is a little small and square and can make it hard to access the carpet in corners
This pet carpet refresher is a great, affordable and effective option for cleaning pet stains out of carpets.
Most pet stains are caused by laundry detergent build-up in the carpet. Repeatedly wetting and drying the carpet causes the detergent to create a film on the carpet fibers. This builds up over time and eventually starts to protrude from the carpet as a stain.
First use the refresher product and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then remove the stains with the accelerator spray that you get with this. It will remove stains and odors effectively on its own. Sometimes the second spray is not necessary, but gives you more peace of mind that the stains are gone.
9. Resolve Urine Destroyer Spray Stain & Odor Remover
- This product is great for animal urine stains
- You don’t need any extra accessories to use it
- It has a fantastic fresh scent
- One bottle can handle all of the urine spots in your car
- Resolve is easy to clean up
- You may need to use a lot of bottles to effectively remove animal urine stains
- It may not work on all surfaces
If you are in a house with pets, you know how disgusting an animal urine stain can get. Resolve is a wonderful solution for getting rid of any urine stains and odors.
Take it with you in your car, and you can use it there as well.
The best thing about this product is that one bottle can handle an entire car full of urine stains. So you won’t have to buy a separate remover for each one.
10. Febreze Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam
- The shampoo works very well
- Great smell
- The carpet feels clean after using it
A lot of customers said that this is an excellent product. It cleaned the pet odor from the carpets and most of them noticed that the odor was gone right after they cleaned the carpets using this shampoo. They also said that their pet’s pee smell was gone.
A lot of users found this shampoo really good for remove the pet odor from the carpet.
11. Rocco & Roxie Supply Professional Strength Stain and Odor Eliminator
- This is the highest rated product.
- Safe for use on hardwood floors and tile floors.
- Contains no harsh chemicals.
- Perfect for chronic dog and cat owners.
- A little expensive.
- Among the best pet carpet cleaners in the list.
- You may want to spray on and let sit for a few minutes, then take a wet vac to clean it up.
Arm & Hammer delivers maximum odor and stain removal. Removes pet urine and stains from carpet, wood & concrete floors.
This is a great product for people with pets and hardwood floors. This product is great because it has no artifical fragrances. This product is the strongest pet stain remover for flooring. It has a high concentration of enzymes that are optimal for cleaning up pet stains. Although it is designed for hardwood and tile flooring, you can use it on your carpets. It is more potent than anything else in the market.
This product is endorsed by the ASPCA and it is safe for use on pets and children. It is also biodegradable and completely free of any harmful chemicals. It comes in a spray bottle that makes it easy to use and easy to apply.
12. Woolite InstaClean Pet
- Great Value
- Worked well on all pet stains
- Fragrance could be better
- Works better on set-in stains
This is the best pet carpet cleaner for the money. It is designed for both pets and people. With a special dual-action sprayer, it sprays water and cleaning solution onto the stain and the cleaning brush attachment is used to agitate the stain.
It has three times cleaning solution to water. It is easier on finishes than other carpet cleaners and is safe for you to use, as you are not having to inhale fumes or wear gloves to work with it.
It also works on a variety of stains. It is hypoallergenic and non-toxic and has a pleasant fresh scent.
13. TriNova Natural Pet Stain and Odor Remover Eliminator
- One of the best for pet stains
- Has a guarantee
- Not the best for old odors
- Can be hard to use in small spaces
This product is an enzyme odor and stain remover that will eliminate the stubborn pet urine and other odors from your carpets, floor, upholstery, and more.
The main ingredient is a bio-enzymatic complex that digests the urine into a much smaller molecule that allows it to naturally be removed from the surface where it had spilled. This is far more effective than traditional enzyme cleaners.
This is a non-toxic product that is very safe to use. You can apply it with a brush or simply spray it on the substances that you need to remove. It can even be used around your pets and children. It leaves behind an earthy smell that disappears after several hours.
14. Bissell Pet Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
- Most professional reviewers gave it an average rating of 4 stars and up
- A great machine for pet owner to use to clean pet hair
- Some reviewers tried it on couches and hardwood floors with good result
- 16 percent of the reviewers gave it a very poor rating due to leaking sometime after a few uses
- Some reviewers said the reservoir is not large enough
- The one-piece drain hose is short and bulky
An upright carpet cleaner with a 27" cleaning path for deep cleaning of rugs and upholstery. This particular model offers a great cleaning solution, namely Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Tool and pet upholstery cleaner.
The Pet Hair Eraser tool is designed to easily pick up pet hair from upholstery and leave no residue or scratching. It is widely-known to work well on furniture, stairs, corners and more. When you clean the carpet using this cleaner, you can easily remove stains and dirt from your carpet like pet urine, mud, food, blood and other stains.
The cleaner has a large tank for plenty of pet liquid detergent to get into the fibers of the carpet and upholstery. Solid-bristled microfiber brush roll is a powerful tool for carpet-deep cleaning.
15. Bissell Pro Oxy Stain Destroyer Pet
- Offers A Deep Clean
- The Aroma Therapy Feature Makes Most Pet Owners Happier
- This Product Can Be Used On Most Types Of Pets – Dogs, Cats, Birds, Fish, etc. etc.
This is one of the best carpet cleaners on the market. You will not be disappointed because it does an amazing job of getting rid of pet stains. It offers a deep clean and is great for removing pet odors. It’s easy to use. Simply dispense the solution, attach the soap and brush, and then roll over the soiled areas of the carpet. Then let it set for a couple of hours or even overnight and steam the carpets.
The Bissell Pro is well known for removing urine smells from carpets and it can easily tackle pet odors from cat urine, dog urine, vomit, drool, skunk spray, and much more. Once the Bissell Pet Pro finishes working it will leave your carpets smelling fresh for up to three weeks according to many users.
16. Pet Urine Odor Carpet Cleaner: Spot Chomp Odor and Stain Remover
- All natural organic formula
- Covers large surface areas
- Use for pet, urine and other types of stains
- Works on anything from urine to vomit and poop
- Lessens the need to remove your carpet
- Results vary; may take several applications
- Some user claims it smells worse than the pet urine
- Some complaints about the company’s customer/delivery service
Spot Chomp Pet Urine Odor & Stain Remover is perfect for removing urine from carpet, upholstery, clothing, and all areas prone to pet stains.
It destroys urine odors and reduces stains by digesting the uric enzymes in your pet’s urine and preventing them from sealing in the carpet fibers. It’s an all-natural and enzyme-free odor eliminator solution with no toxins and no caustic chemicals.
Spot Chomp is safe for you, your family, pets, plants, birds, fish, and the planet. Pet Urine Odor Carpet Cleaner: Specifically formulated to remove pet urine odors and stains from carpet and all other surfaces.
17. Woolite Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner Stain Remover
- It allows you to remove stains and odors
- It pretty much cleans anything
- It has an incredible effectiveness
- It doesn't contain harmful substances
- The bottle's size might seem too small for some
- The container's cap is not tight, which makes leakage possible
This stain remover comes with my absolute endorsement. I've tested many stain removers and have never got fantastic results from them. I got my hands on this product and felt in love with it since the first time I tested it. It works very well and removes stains from even difficult to reach places. It doesn't contain any harmful substance to damage your floors. Its effectiveness is just incredible. Since this product is really strong, so you need to be careful in order to prevent spilling. Especially when you need to use it, always put the cap back on immediately after use (but don't block the spray) and be sure that you do it. Otherwise, as in my case, it will leak out. The bottle's size may seem too small to some, but the quantity is enough for a really long time.
18. Natural Dog Odor Carpet Powder
- Has a GREAT rating of 5/5
- This works better than most of the pet carpet cleaners
When I was researching for pet carpet cleaners, I narrowed it down to 6 different companies. But after going through ALL kinds of customer reviews I found this one to have the best reviews.
I will add their link later, but I wanted to go ahead and write about it because it was one of the most popular products people were asking us about.
19. Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh Formula Dry Carpet Cleaner
- Arm & Hammer is highly trusted brand
- Safe for children and pets
- Versatile formula – works for clothing, furniture, carpet, and drapes
- Safe for most surfaces
- Longer drying time
- Nothing will eliminate odors in carpets completely.
The Arm & Hammer carpet cleaner is a family-friendly product. It is free from any form of ammonia chemicals, parabens, dyes, and other perfumes. It removes even the toughest stains with ease and without any ill effect to the cat or dog.
The Arm & Hammer carpet cleaner leaves your carpet smelling fresh after every use. It even brings back the softness and freshness which gets lost from time to time.
20. Capture Carpet Dry Cleaner Powder
- Amazon's Choice
- You get great value
- One of the most popular products in this category
You receive a 4-ounce container of Capture Carpet Dry Cleaner Powder that comes with a convenient dry bristle brush so that you can freshen up your carpets anytime you want.
You can use it on pet odor, smoke stains, and other tough odors and stains. Furthermore, you can also use it on upholstery, walls, etc. There are no dangerous chemicals, and it's safe to use on all sorts of carpets, upholstery, and fabrics.
Since this is a natural cleaning powder, it is safe to use, and you don't have to keep pets away during the application time.
21. PL360 Odor Neutralizing Carpet Powder
- Can give your carpet a fresh and pleasant smell
- Can absorb up to 10x its weight in liquid
- Contains non-toxic ingredients
If there are any pet odors in your living room or den, this could be the way to go. It can be sprinkled all over your carpet and will absorb animal odors.
The ingredients in this vacuum carpet freshener powder are healthy for your pets. They are completely natural and non-toxic.
It will act as a barrier to prevent the evaporation of any other liquid you have spilled.
22. NonScents Carpet Odor Eliminator
- Easy to Use
- Fast Acting
- Great For Removing Odors
- Economically Versatile
Febreeze and Enzymes.
Carpet odor and pet odor aren't easy to get rid of, but NonScents' Carpet Odor Eliminator is specially formulated to attack even the worst sources of odor, like those that result from pet accidents.
NonScents Carpet Odor Eliminator is specifically designed for odor elimination in carpets and rugs. NonScents Carpet Odor Eliminator is made in the USA and contains none of the toxic chemicals found in competing brands.
23. Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover Trigger Spray
- Very effective at removing odors and stains
- Safe to use around pets and children
- Highly portable
It is great value and does a very good job at removing pet smells. It can also be used to remove stains from carpets and general messes from other areas around your home.
This stain and odor remover is one of the most popular products on the market. It is a highly effective way to kill the bacteria, mildew, and fungus that attach to your carpet carpets. The odors are instantly removed thanks to patented enzymes in the cleaning solution.
It can also be used to clean upholstery, furniture, and pet bedding.
24. Woolite 08209 Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam Cleaner Stain Remover
- Great for cleaning carpets
- Can work on a variety of stains
- Great for both homes and vehicles
Woolite 08209 Heavy Traffic Carpet Spot Carpet Cleaner is a great tool to use for your carpet. It comes with a thick foam which you will be putting onto your special spot carpet cleaner. It will help you to reach those areas that other cleaners will not be able to. The powerful Woolite will work on different types of stains, whether you went out bursting with your friends and ended up with alcohol stains or you spilled some soda on your carpet. The Woolite is a great stain remover for carpets.
It will also work on grease and many other types of stains. The Woolite comes in a can that is 4 ounces. It will last you for quite some time, but do be sure to close the lid after each use, but also to remember to wipe the top so that it does not dry out. If it does, you will find that it will not be as easy to use.
25. Whip-It Odor Bully Instant Odor Neutralizer Spray
- Eliminates Foul Odors
- Fast Acting
- Clear Directions For Use
- Extra Large Trigger Sprayer
- Complaints of Weakness
- Instructions For Use Are Wordy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best pet carpet shampooer?
If you have trouble cleaning stains from your pet, our top picks for the best pet carpet shampooer are your best bet. Whether it is the pet's urine, food or simply stains from whatever you are eating, our top choices will effectively tackle them all.
Without any further delay, here are our top picks for the best pet carpet shampooer:
Which is the best carpet cleaning machine?
I can’t answer this question, only you can! No doubt there is a myriad of angles to this topic, including price, convenience, and opinions, so I’ll give you the best data I can. We suggest comparing Shark Navigator vs Rug Doctor or Bissel 9595A vs Bissel Zing Bagged vs Hoover Steam Vac F5914-900. Below I’ve outlined some of the pros and cons of both Steam and Dry cleaners.
Steam cleaner advantages:
A. Kills germs and sanitizes the rug
B. Rugs dry faster
C. Convenience of using a rug attachment
D. Softer rugs
Dry Cleaner advantages:
B. Kills germs
C. Kills Dust Mites
Are Carpet Cleaners Worth It?
Carpet cleaners are among the most popular household appliance purchases next to vacuums. Did you know that there are more than 15 million carpet cleaners sold each year? According to our research, the average carpet cleaner owner purchases their carpet cleaner on average once every three years.
Over a lifetime, this adds up to a lot of sales. However, do we really need to buy these things and if so, which one is best? We'll answer these questions and more in our review.
Pet owners like yourself will be in search of the top rated pet carpet cleaners of 2019. Whether you have a large pet that sheds or multiple pets that stay at home most of the time, cleaning pet hair is inevitable. Fortunately, there are some really great pet carpet cleaners available on the market that can help you care for your pets properly.
|Carbona 2 in 1 Oxy-Powered Pet Stain||Best Overall|
|Bissell Pet Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner||Budget Pick|
|Whip-It Odor Bully Instant Odor Neutralizer Spray||Upgrade Pick|