You don’t have to spend hours cleaning. A super effective vacuum can do the job for you quickly and completely.
Don’t just take my word for it. Read on and see for yourself.
With over 18 different robot vacuum cleaners from leading manufacturers, I’m confident you will find one that works for you.
Here are the 5 best robot vacuums to remove cat fur and hairc.
|eufy by Anker||Best Overall|
|Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner||Budget Pick|
|iRobot Roomba i7+||Upgrade Pick|
1. eufy by Anker
- Very lightweight
- Easy for use
- Quiet operation
- Easy to clean the filter
- Closer look reveals lots of loose threads
- Can pick up only a limited variety of dust types
- Does not function in a multi-story house
Mapping and App Control, Works with Alexa.
Eufy RoboVac 11S boasts powerful suction strength (up to 1300Pa) and 2.36" slim body that fits under most furniture. It has been designed to clean hard floors (both wood and tile floors) and medium-pile carpets, including carpets with pet hair.
The 11S is also specially designed to pick up pet hair thanks to its pet hair turbo brush.
2. Robot Vacuum
- includes a replaceable battery
- great for pet owners
- does a great job at cleaning
- works on all surfaces
- There are false positives with the cliff sensors. The vacuum might think it is going to fall off a cliff and will pause until you stop it.
- It has a difficult time finding its way back to the home base
Cleaner for Home, Scheduling, Auto-Recharging, Obstruction Avoid, Low Noise – Compatible with Alexa.
The GOOVI Vacuum comes with a replaceable battery, is rechargeable, and has a decent price tag.
There are a variety of modes that this vacuum will operate in. It will work on all surfaces and will clean your carpets greatly.
3. iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity
- The Dirt Detect Series 2: Does a fantastic job at detecting pet hair and automatically adjusting suction power
- The iRobot Roomba 675 is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- WindTunnel technology
- 3-Stage Cleaning System: Stages are Ground, Wash, and Extract
- Recharge & Resume: Ability to vacuum an entire level of your home and then return to the charging station for more cleaning
- Dirt Detect Series 2: Adjusts suction power and cleans areas with the greatest amount of dirt
- Scheduling: Clean as often as 4x daily or as little as weekly plus you can create custom schedules
- Visual and acoustic sensors detect objects in real time and maneuver around them
- Signature iAdapt navigation uses a full suite of sensors to maneuver through your home
- HEPA filter is certified asthma & allergy friendly: Captures 99% of particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Quite expensive for a robot vacuum
- Not the best choice for pet owners that have heavy hair on carpets
- Battery life is 5-minutes shorter than the Roomba 890
Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Enabled.
4. Roborock E35 Robot Vacuum and Mop: 2000Pa Strong Suction
- 40 minutes of battery life per charge
- It can work up to 2 hours on a single charge
- More than enough suction to handle areas where pet hair seems to be stuck to the floor
- 2 standard modes: maximum suction and gentle mode
- Works on hardwood floor, light carpet, and low pile carpets
- Automatically finds its way back to the charging dock to recharge
- It can return by itself to the charging station when battery is running low
- Can go under beds, sofas, and chairs
- App lets you set cleaning schedules, customize your cleaning preferences, and get alerts when the cleaning is done
- 25 minutes of extra cleaning time on a single charge
- It’s relatively larger than other robot vacuum
- It can’t easily climb up onto carpets
- It’s larger than most other vacuums of this type
- HEPA filter is pretty delicate and requires delicate handling to avoid destroying it
Despite these few cons, I would still recommend this unit to those with pets. It is also great for those with limited mobility who may have trouble vacuuming the floor.
5. Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Very cheap and affordable, yet designed with some of the high-end features
- Works well on both hardwood floors and carpets.
- Lifetime Warranty
- Cannot use the dock for charging, remember to leave the power cord plugged in at all times.
- Sometimes, it misses spots that require manual clean up.
The Coredy Robot Vacuum has a slim design with compact structure. It is only 4.5 inches in height and 2.5 inches in width.
This product can run automatically after 4 hours of charging. The charging port is on the underside. But the power cable can be plugged in all the time.
6. Shark Empty XL RV1001AE Robotic Vacuum
- Works well on wood floors, tile, and hard floors
- Mostly quiet
- Excellent dust and debris collection
- Budget friendly
- Built in Wi-Fi
- Four cleaning modes
- Dust bin not the best size
- Tricky programming
- Busy random movements
- Catches on furnishings
For a low budget robot vacuum this is exceptionally powerful.
This robot has the ability to map out your house before it cleans. This helps you to program it in a better way. It has the ability to clean every inch of your floor so you do not need to worry about cleaning it with your own hands.
The robot vacuum is able to clean with a three-stage cleaning process. First, it cleans with basic side brushes, then it releases the motorized brushes where it picks up the dirt with its powerful suction. Last, it releases a magnetic brush that collects the dust that the other brushes miss. This is easy to clean just use the button and it will open up and you can clean out the particles.
7. iRobot Roomba i7+
Probably the best use of a Roomba is the i7+. I know, I know. That is a big claim to make.
The i7+ is the most advanced and high-end model in the Roomba line. It has the best battery life. It has Wi-Fi connectivity.
Not only does it map the floor, it sends you the cleaned map so you can see where it has and hasn’t cleaned.
8. Robot Vacuum
- 1000Pa powerful suction
- Remote control
- 90-minute working time
- Strong motorized brush
- Battery works for only 90 minutes
- Sometimes it gets stuck
Stairs, Kitchen, Home.
A rechargeable battery and a remote control are standard features in robotic vacuums. Plus, the DEENKEE herbal vacuum is equipped with a strong motorized brush to clean carpets and mats. Get your own home cleaning service at the touch of a button and cheaper than a regular maid .
Here are the top 10 best robot vacuums for pet hair in 2020:
9. Coredy Upgraded R3500S Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Provides a thorough clean
- Affordable vacuum robotics
- Automatically cleans under your bed and furniture
- Responsive customer service
- It is a little noisy
- Can only be controlled via an app
Pet Hair Removal.
It is something from the movies; a robot that can do your cleaning for you. It will automatically clean your floor with just a simple click of the button. The roomba 960 makes it easy and efficient to vacuum your floor, whether it is carpet, linoleum, hardwood or tile.
Once it is done cleaning, simply pick it up and drop it on its self-charging dock. Its edge-cleaning brushes make it function like no other robot vacuum.
10. Robot Vacuum Cleaner
And Hardwood Floors, for Use on Carpets, Hardwood & Tile Floors, Pets, White.
As you all know cats shed all over the place, and the mess just doesn’t stop. The mess becomes even worse if you have two of them, as many households often do.
You can easily get rid of pet hair and dander from your carpets and furniture with a robot vacuum (sometimes referred to as a robovac or robot cleaner).
11. Robot Vacuum
- Save time and effort while cleaning
- Clear an area within 1 hour
- Silent operation – as quiet as 54.2 db
- Materia: ABS
- 3-mode Cleaning Modes: corner Cleaning, Spot Cleaning, Auto Charge
- Separate the Core Brush and Open Suction Hand Tool for Maximum Powerful Cleaning
- Intelligent Obstacle Sensing and Avoidance features for Completely Automated Navigation
- Anti-collision & wall climbing protection with out-of-the-way design
- NO Scheduling required; Operation time: up to 180 minutes
- Wasserstein 3-year warranty included on all parts and labor, 30-day money back guarantee
- No way to tell if batteries are dying while you are away
- The front bumper- can fall off if jammed
- Many owners report inconsistent clean and slow operation
This vacuum had really excellent suction when it worked, but there were issues that kept it from getting a higher ranking.
The most common complaint about this vacuum is that it arrived broken. It is not uncommon for something to get damaged in shipping, so it is possible that you will get one that is also defective or that arrives damaged.
12. Ecovacs DEEBOT 500 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Super easy to set up and use
- Long battery life
- Solid performance
- Liked by pet owners and non-pet owners alike
- Budget friendly
For a great all-around customer review of this product check this out.
The Deebot 500 performs adequately on both hardwood and carpeted floors, though the transition from one to the other can be a bit rough. It uses a three-stage cleaning system to clean up dirt and pet hair so that you can remove hair-clogged filters and wash the Deebot head when needed. And with a 90-minute battery life, you can essentially set this robot vacuum on autopilot and not worry about it for the vast majority of the time. You can even remotely start it from your smartphone, so you can get the house ready for guests while you’re getting ready for them.
13. Dibea 2-in-1 Mopping Robot Vacuum
- Easy to operate
- Reasonably priced
- Great suction power
- Great for cat litter
- Less likely to create a mess
- Cleans carpets, hardwood floors and more
- Not designed for larger homes
- In my experience, can be a bit heavy to move around
The Dibea 2-in-1 is another hybrid vacuum that can clean both hard floors and carpets.
You can choose from a number of cleaning modes to operate the vacuum cleaner, which makes it one of the most flexible options on the market.
This robotic vacuum cleaner is great for pet hair, since it has a 15-litter-bucket filter. It is also capable of cleaning all floor types.
14. DeenKee DK700 Robot Vacuum
- This model comes with the extra long cord
- The Wi-Fi functionality is a nice touch
- Space saving design
- The controls and display are basic and lack advanced features
- Its cleaning mechanism does not work that well
Stairs (2 Home Patio Cleaners in 1).
This model comes with a 10 month warranty that you can use to troubleshoot various issues. You will like how quiet it operates
The longer cord that comes with this vacuum provides some additional freedom. The FHSA —Fully Hepa filtration system means that the filters on this model are totally dust-proof.
15. Samsung Electronics R7040 Robot Vacuum Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Automatically cleans house for you
- Pet hair attachment
- Easy to use & clean
- Works with Google Assistant and Alexa
- Small enough to get under low furniture
- Recharges itself
- Smaller area coverage than Dyson 360
- Takes several passes to get a room clean
- "Cleans" in systematic pattern so requires mopping up around edge of room
- Doesn't see high or low spaces
16. Pureatic V2S Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Awesome suction
- Very intelligent with the app
- Good for pet hair
- Can get stuck under things sometimes
- Doesn’t have an AC adapter
This is an inexpensive robot vacuum from Japan that I think is the best vacuum for cat hair.
17. Grand-Pro A1 Strong Suction Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
By the end of the first month you'll already be saving money based on your current habits. ZumeLive is easy to use, quiet and convenient.
ZumeLive is easy to use; Simply attach the robot vacuum onto the docking station and push a button. It's that easy.
ZumeLive is also convenient; if you have a busy schedule, you won't have to worry about cleaning your floors until the next day. You can even set it to clean the same area daily at a convenient time.
18. Robot Vacuum
- Budget Friendly
- Speaker and microphone and are great if you want to play a little music for your feline friend
- If you are a tech lover, this product will suite you well
This product is just one of the numerous different Robot Vacuums available on the market. You might be wondering why I have included this product, surely there are better options?
I beg to differ, lets start off with a few of the great features that this product has.
This Robot Vacuum has a powerful 2200Pavoltage and it is extremely quiet! This product also has a feature that I love, it has a navigation system.
19. Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2200Pa Super Suction Electric Robotic Vacuum Mop Cleaning
- It covers floors from corners to walls cleaning
- It is quiet and easy to use
- It can be programed in advance and does not miss a spot
- It can keep going even thought the battery runs out of power
- It can be placed on stairs
- The dust bin is easy to clean
- It's a bit expensive
- It's hard to know when the battery runs out of power
- The robot stalls sometimes
- The laser sometimes misses a spot
Over the last two months I have put it through it's paces, cleaning carpets, hardwood, tiles and marble without a single problem. When it is powered up, the OPOVE automatically maps and cleans the entire room. It then goes back to the docking station to charge.
It can clean for up to 180 minutes, which is more than double most of the other similar products on the market.
You can also use the included remote control to switch it on or off and select the cleaning mode you want.The laser-guided navigation system avoids falling off the stairs and bumping into other objects.
20. Robocist 850 Robot Vacuum
- Space Saving Design
- Very Quiet
- Cloud Service
- Phone GPS Supported
- Easy to Clean
- Higher Priced
- Reliability Issues
- Made in China
Robotic vacuums have been around for a while, but most are still pretty big and clunky. At first glance, the Robocist 850 looks like a standard upright vacuum cleaner. But don’t let its size fool you. This vacuum cleaner can handle just about anything.
Don’t want to clean? Also, it is a smart vacuum that can work with Alexa, Google, and IFTTT App, that means you can use your phone to command the vacuum cleaner.
When working with Robocist you usually don’t have to worry about recharging your vacuum often, on a full charge it will last you up to a couple of hours.
21. Tesvor Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 3D Sensing Technology makes this a great robot vacuum to have around dogs and cats with no behavioral issues
- Misty Robotics is a voice control robot company that isn’t Amazon, so you can count on updates and improvements even in the future
- This robot vacuum is small and lightweight so it won’t scare your cat or dog as it comes around
- The customer support team is very responsive and willing to help
- This robot vacuum is very expensive
- This robot has no camera so you won’t know where it is or what it is running into
22. Robot Vacuum Cleaner and Mop Combo Bigger Dust Bin
- Works for both hardwood floors and carpets
- You can be working on other things while it is mopping
- Relatively quiet remoteness
- You need to empty out the dustbin after each use
- The mop attachment’s amount of water it dispenses on the floor can be very annoying
This Robot vacuum cleaner is so good at getting pet hair up I really recommend it. It has a bigger dustbin than most of the others. It has a adjustable suction levels so you can choose the amount you need.
23. 2020 New Version Robot Vacuum
- Cleans many surfaces
- Home sensing technology
- Very quiet
- Large dustbin
- Dirt detects obstacles
- Not the cheapest device
- Can’t get to corners in the room
So a vacuum cleaner that cleans for you, does what you tell it to, and fits under your bed, seems like the ideal solution right? Well, I present to you the latest version of the iRobot Roomba.
While previous models have been functional but somewhat underwhelming, the newest robot vacuum cleaner is more of a worthy addition to your home.
This new Roomba cleaner really pushes the boundary of what robot vacuums are capable of, and this cleaner has some serious suction power and versatility.
24. OPODEE Robot Vacuum and Mop Cleaner
- Comes with both a mop and vacuum attachment
- Uses optical and laser sensor technology
- Works with the Google Home and Amazon Alexa
- Has super strong suction
- Great for apartments
- A bit on the expensive side
- Can be used at a limited distance from the wifi hub
25. Knox Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Offers a fantastic combination of features for such a low cost
- Dual rotating brushes
- Anti-fall sensor
- Excellent customer service
The Knox robot vacuum cleaner is my go-to pick for the best robot vacuum cleaner for pet hair and hardwood floors.
It’s not the cheapest robot vacuum out there, but it does an excellent job vacuuming and is easy to use. I was very picky when it came to selecting robot vacuums for cat hair and this one has multiple features that I look for. Plus, the customer service is outstanding.
There is a good sized dirt bin on the Knox that makes emptying it simple and quick. Everything is contained within the bin, so you won’t have any of those dustbunnies that you have to clean out of the brushes of your other robot vacuum.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best robot vacuum for cat hair?
Due to cat's shedding, cleaning up hair is a constant battle in the home. The hair sticks to everything: floors, carpets, fabric, blankets, and pillows. It's a chore that we have to deal with (and hate it) at least twice a week. So let's see what the best robot vacuum for cat hair really looks like.
Imagine a situation where you wake up in the morning, make coffee, and go back to sleep, and a few hours later you wake up to a clean house.
Are roombas good for cat hair?
One of the things that many robotic vacuum fans focus on is the ability to deal with pet hair. Since most vacuums are not truly designed for pet hair, they often struggle with it.
To see how well each vacuum handled pet hair, I ran my vacuum through three tests. I vacuumed a rug, an area rug, and then a section of fine hair off furniture. In each case, I timed how long it took for the vacuum to collect 90% of the hair. I also assessed the number and texture of the hairs left behind. The vacuums that were able to collect pet hair fastest were all doing a fairly good job.
Lastly, I measured the amount of hair in the dustbin after each vacuuming to see which vacuum cleaner had the least amount left behind.
What is the best robot vacuum 2022?
If you are reading this, then you are probably looking for a new robot vacuum that can tackle the hairball problem in your home. These are not only great for homes with cats and dogs, they can also work great for homes with humans too!
We were shocked by how slowly robot vacuums cleaned. However, the cleaning results were impressive. We found that as long as you are willing to wait for your robot vacuum to work its magic, the results are satisfactory. It's helpful to keep in mind that you cannot expect a robot vacuum to function like a traditional upright. These are specifically designed as a cat hair vacuum, which is why you should not expect the same level of performance.
Hopefully this list will help you make sense of the situation and help you decide which robot vacuum is the best one for your home.
Are robot vacuums worth it?
The next best investment you can make… well once you've bought a BFF anyway, is a vacuum. Some may say a dog is man’s best vacuum, but let’s face it, we humans are allergic. If you are to become a part of the living-with-a-cat club, then you need to invest in a good vacuum. It will save you clean time, tangles in your hair, your ability to breathe, and it will help you make a tidy house.
The truth is, cats have great hair and it is their calling card! If they didn't shed hair, they wouldn’t be cats. Therefore, in a world that is full of cat hair, you need the best vacuum to help you clear that hair from your space. You will be cleaning less because the hair will no longer be around for you to pick up; imagine that!
The best robot vacuum for cat hair will save you time. Every day you spend cleaning up piles of cat hair is a day that you could have spent doing something more enjoyable. Right? Fortunately, there are now robot vacuum options that excel in cleaning up cat hair and other pet-related messes.
The drawback to most robot vacuum models is that their battery life is quite short. Another issue is that they are hard to maneuver.
|eufy by Anker||Best Overall|
|Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner||Budget Pick|
|iRobot Roomba i7+||Upgrade Pick|